shopify analytics
+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: When are the board going to back our manager?

  1. #1

    When are the board going to back our manager?

    Despite taking in around 1.3 million last season , It does not seem the board are going to give the manager any financial help to take the team forward . We cannot compete with big clubs like Eastleigh on wages ! The likes of mr bowler should hang there heads in shame. Now is the time to win back supporters and show a bit of Ambition.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crewe
    Posts
    10,797
    With losses for the last two years it is a fine balancing act and remember we are still paying our previous manager. The board will back DA like they did with the Cooke & Bowery loans, have faith.

  3. #3
    Given that we run at a loss, where do you expect this money to come from?

  4. #4
    Time for the board to look for local people who have money and want to invest in the club . That is what JB has said so now is the time to ask and see who comes forward

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    Despite taking in around 1.3 million last season , It does not seem the board are going to give the manager any financial help to take the team forward . We cannot compete with big clubs like Eastleigh on wages ! The likes of mr bowler should hang there heads in shame. Now is the time to win back supporters and show a bit of Ambition.
    Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    Despite taking in around 1.3 million last season , It does not seem the board are going to give the manager any financial help to take the team forward . We cannot compete with big clubs like Eastleigh on wages ! The likes of mr bowler should hang there heads in shame. Now is the time to win back supporters and show a bit of Ambition.
    Said I would retire from this board, but FFS!
    Mr Bowler should hang his head in shame......please, get real! Google him, his history, he is not a sugar daddy, the board are not wealthy men...compared to you and I possibly, but in the football world ...NO.
    They are not like the owners of Port Vale, orient or Leeds...thank God. Prior to Colclough's move they had to pay wages and expenses from their own pockets...would you? Did you know that?
    So, Yes, you are correct we cannot compete with other clubs on wages. And do you know what, that's partly why I support crewe. We put on the pitch every game 7/8 home grow players, (11 v Walsall) plus others on the bench who know they have a chance of having a chance.
    Of course I want success, promotion, Wembly finals etc, but never at the cost of exposing our club to being raped by 'white knights' from Europe, England or wherever.
    Support a 'franchise' of city, united,spurs, arse, etc with no home grown and even minimal 'imported' British players, or support Crewe....? A no brainer.
    Putting on tin hat now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Putting on tin hat now.


    Put it away, not required here!
    A very sensible post!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Put it away, not required here!
    A very sensible post!!
    At some point in the season you will hear the quote [ it's men v boys] . So we need some established pro's. Do you know that Davis had his budget cut when we stayed up in league 1.it was our board that helped a certain director take control, things have gone done hill ever since . Open your eyes

  8. #8
    Excellent post Jimmy. The club is safe in the hands of this board. Yes we may struggle from time to time. But that is the nature of a club like ours. We are a lower league club and a successful one at that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Excellent post Jimmy. The club is safe in the hands of this board. Yes we may struggle from time to time. But that is the nature of a club like ours. We are a lower league club and a successful one at that.
    So staying in the league is is a successful season . I don't think , you seem happy just to make the numbers up, success is winning games and pushing for promotion. We are not in the championship and happy just to survive in that league but the lowest proffessional tier . Ask why so many stalwart supporters no longer go every saturday

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    At some point in the season you will hear the quote [ it's men v boys] . So we need some established pro's. Do you know that Davis had his budget cut when we stayed up in league 1.it was our board that helped a certain director take control, things have gone done hill ever since . Open your eyes
    You mean like this one ? Will he get a match this season?
    http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/news/jeslie-s...ewe-alexandra/

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Said I would retire from this board, but FFS!
    Why retire from here? You offer good views and 'here' is doing ok again. No matter where we discuss Crewe or any topic, there will always be reasons to give up - so don't......please

  12. #12
    Hear hear. Proggs - excellent post from jimmy (still my favourite Alex kit, by the way) and we should welcome well argued posts whether we agree with them or not.... as it happens I do agree - with both of you this time ��

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    You mean like this one ? Will he get a match this season?
    http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/news/jeslie-s...ewe-alexandra/
    Judging by the photos he must be the lad who was about 6 inches taller than everyone else in the Under 8s at half time v Barnet last week. Not one of our midgets then!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    You mean like this one ? Will he get a match this season?
    http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/news/jeslie-s...ewe-alexandra/


    Why do journalists constantly let themselves down trying to support our ethos??

    It's either Crewe AlexandER or when they cite products of our famed academy, they often refer to the likes of Platt or Savage!!

    It's not as it they have a lack of *genuine* examples to mention!!
    Grrr!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •