+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A message from the chairman

A message from the chairman

The following has been posted on the official site...

Chairman Jim McMahon said: “On behalf of everyone at Motherwell FC, I would like to sincerely thank our loyal season ticket holders, ‘Well Society members, club sponsors and all supporters who have backed the club so much this term.

“In particular, I would like to thank everyone who was either at New Douglas Park last Saturday, or Fir Park last night, for their superb and positive support, which undoubtedly helped the team get the desired results and proved conclusively that if we can all pull together, we can achieve.

“In addition, I would like to thank everyone for their co-operation in staying off the pitch. It may again have looked a little full on, but the potential threat from the SPFL Commission was very real and I am delighted that we can report back on some excellent behaviour from our fans over the last two years.

“On the pitch, there can be no doubt the Scottish Premiership is the toughest it has been for quite some time, and will only get tougher over the next year or two. However, in this the first year of full fan ownership, our aim was always to ensure we retained our Premiership status and with those two ***** wins, we have done that.

“The challenge for us is to work that bit longer and that bit harder; to try and box as smart as we can to ensure we can achieve the success we are all desperate for.

“I, along with the rest of the Executive Board, will meet the first-team manager on Friday morning as we look to get quickly on track for next term. We are a little behind some other clubs who have been more secure in terms of their league status, so it’s very much all hands to the pump for us.

“Despite the uncertainty that existed, Stephen Robinson and (Head of Recruitment) Martin Foyle have been prudent and worked tremendously hard on the squad for 2017/18 and we hope to be busy in the market this summer. I know both Stephen and Martin have been at countless games, watching a lot of potential targets and making various contacts.

“For your part, you can really help us.

“If you renew or buy your Season Ticket, pledge to the ‘Well Society or continue your commercial sponsorship of the club, it helps us plan and the more that get involved, the more we can invest in not only improving the squad, but our commitment to improving the facilities at the club too.

“Thanks for your loyal support and I hope to see as many of you as possible on Saturday at Inverness. We will go there fully determined to win the game, hopefully sign the season off with a hat-trick of wins and finish as high as we possibly can in the table, which could be eighth, results depending.”

Good to read this positive feedback from Jim McMahon. A pat on the back for the fans; a short update on rebuilding; and a realistic assessment of what we need to do for next season. No resting on our laurels (if indeed that was appropriate anyway).

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)