shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howson is now?

Howson is now?

Very strong rumours that Jonny boy is on his way home.

If true it is a yes from the Rev!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Very strong rumours that Jonny boy is on his way home.

If true it is a yes from the Rev!
    And from me.

Not normally a fan of 'going back' in any walk of life, but this one might just work.

Yes from me 2

£4 million, dont think that's a good deal for us tbh. Think that sum of money could be better spent elsewhere. If we got him for 1/2 that, it would be a decent signing.

Just recalling the days when people complained he would disappear for the majority of matches, so no, would prefer £4 million spent on other signings i.e. Bartley.

howson will be a better player now, more experienced, including some PL, great example for the likes of phillips and vieira

Not for me, goes missing in games too often which is exactly the opposite of what we need. We need someone who when we are under the pump can pull the team together, play the ball and lead the side forward.

no for me.

Rather ambivalent on this....probably swaying towards "no" unless we get him for a real bargain price. Not sure he's got that much to offer us by way of improving the squad for the new season, to be honest.

Can't see it being 4m, and was never his biggest fan when he was here for the above turns-up-for-1-in-4-games reason. Might be better with prem experience behind him, but have to then wonder why he's potentially being sold if he's gotten that good in that time? Not aware of Normich having financial difficulties?

Norwich seem to think 4m is an insult..some of em think it should be nearer 8m

3m seems about right to me..may not happen but it does seem there is a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by t_bird7982 View Post
    Rather ambivalent on this....probably swaying towards "no" unless we get him for a real bargain price. Not sure he's got that much to offer us by way of improving the squad for the new season, to be honest.
    Think he would be an asset T_bird but it has to be at the right price..we shall see.

I think as long as he isn't the only midfielder signed this summer I would definitely have him back.
    At least this time round we are hearing rumours nice and early ...... before the season has fully finished.

It's going to be a good summer - I tell yeeeee!

Nothing better than an over the hill high priced slow midfielder to show our commitment to the future.

If we sign Monk and he wants him it's his call. However, we got Ayling, Bartley and Jannson for a year for what they are talking.

"Over the hill"? Slow?

The guy is 28 FFS, has more recent PL experience than any of the current Leeds 1st 11, and as for being "high priced", just what do you expect to pay for players with his experience and capability?

As for our "commitment to the future", I refer you to my posts regarding Pontus on the "Busy few weeks" thread. Arguing about paying for the guy and "saving" around £10k (max) isn't quite the signpost to the promised land we are hoping for.

My old mate Norfolk Dumpling left me this message regarding how the Canary faithful view the Howson situ - they're opinions are not to flattering ..............
    http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pi...t.aspx#3524963

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    My old mate Norfolk Dumpling left me this message regarding how the Canary faithful view the Howson situ - they're opinions are not to flattering ..............
    Don't you sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Don't you sleep?
    ........ if I can fit it in between work & family I do try,honest.Always have worked through the night due to time zone deadlines ................... - a cup of fresh nettle tea with a baguette after five hours kip is the secret !

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    This quote sums Howson up perfectly-
    But he does also go missing too often for me and perhaps is rather symptomatic of our whole midfield this season who have tended to look great, at home when on top and enjoying plenty of possession but have been found wanting in the crucial away games where they needed to stand up and be counted

He isn't what we need, nice lad, but I'd rather we invested in someone who isn't going to go missing when times are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Over the hill"? Slow?

The guy is 28 FFS, has more recent PL experience than any of the current Leeds 1st 11, and as for being "high priced", just what do you expect to pay for players with his experience and capability?
    You are not disputing the accusation of being "slow" then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast