shopify analytics
+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I Bl00dy Well Hope Not

  1. #1

    I Bl00dy Well Hope Not

    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...-tony-13052318
    apart from being too old and after one last big payday and a thug parading as a footballer,i can think of no plus points to this and what would be a truly s hit signing

  2. #2
    Totally agree.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    18,945
    Just why bother? Get Chester back!!!

  4. #4
    Why do we want an aging central defender? We want young blood to eventually replace Gareth McAuley. A bad move, this!

  5. #5
    Not going to get too steamed up about this...must be a load of bullshine surely.

  6. #6
    & he wants to lower the age of the squad he's havin a laugh ,

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    & he wants to lower the age of the squad he's havin a laugh ,
    He'll go to China....we couldn't compete with them or Bournemouth!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    He'll go to China....we couldn't compete with them or Bournemouth!!!
    We could Dub if the owners would spend some of their billions they supposed to have why buy a premier league team if you aint going to give it 100% backing , Bournemouth never have or will ever be as big or as famous as us ,

  9. #9
    Well, if it is for real, I would rather have him playing for us, rather than against us.
    Would we need to change the words of the Macca song ?

  10. #10
    Wouldn't it be better to, instead of going for John Terry, turn to his younger team-mate Nathan Ake. He has the potential to become an excellent central defender and he's YOUNG!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to, instead of going for John Terry, turn to his younger team-mate Nathan Ake. He has the potential to become an excellent central defender and he's YOUNG!
    Sure would make more sense LB...another I would go for is Fosu-Mensah...he was coming along in leaps and bounds under Van Gaal then the Dick took over at Man U and he's warming the bench for too long now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Well, if it is for real, I would rather have him playing for us, rather than against us.
    Would we need to change the words of the Macca song ?
    Yes chap, we could even go back the original intended wording which people didn't seem to catch onto.......

    Gareth, Gareth McAuley is BIGGER THAN A TREE.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to, instead of going for John Terry, turn to his younger team-mate Nathan Ake. He has the potential to become an excellent central defender and he's YOUNG!
    Good shout.

    Haven't seen too much of Nathan Ake but he certainly had very good reviews from his time with Bournemouth.

    Age wise and from what I have read I believe he would be a better bet than Terry, that said I'd be surprised if Chelsea released him.

    Outside chance of a loan if they plan to upgrade the middle and bring in a centre half of proven Champions League pedigree, but I'd imagine it'd be a very outside chance in all honesty.

    They'll be needing Ake given they'll be pushing on all fronts next season.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Sure would make more sense LB...another I would go for is Fosu-Mensah...he was coming along in leaps and bounds under Van Gaal then the Dick took over at Man U and he's warming the bench for too long now.
    Certainly versatile which would tick a lot of boxes for TP.

    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rinho-11197647

    Thought he showed athletic dynamism but lacked a little in terms of positional discipline from what I have seen, we may be able to assist with that .

    Mourinho doesn't appear to rate him all that highly though.

    His three Prem' appearances to date this season have amounted to 6 minutes.

    Europa League - 4 appearances from a possible 14 = 94 minutes.

    FA Cup - 2 appearances from a possible 4 = 80 minutes.

    EFL - 1 appearance from a possible 6 = 55 minutes.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timo...spieler/315131

    Although currently out with a dislocated shoulder he doesn't appear to have been out with too many injuries this season beyond strains and knocks.

    http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...ah_injury.html

    Could be worth a punt but something doesn't quite add up when we look at his appearances and United's injury record as a whole across the midfield and central defence for this season.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Certainly versatile which would tick a lot of boxes for TP.

    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rinho-11197647

    Thought he showed athletic dynamism but lacked a little in terms of positional discipline from what I have seen, we may be able to assist with that .

    Mourinho doesn't appear to rate him all that highly though.

    His three Prem' appearances to date this season have amounted to 6 minutes.

    Europa League - 4 appearances from a possible 14 = 94 minutes.

    FA Cup - 2 appearances from a possible 4 = 80 minutes.

    EFL - 1 appearance from a possible 6 = 55 minutes.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timo...spieler/315131

    Although currently out with a dislocated shoulder he doesn't appear to have been out with too many injuries this season beyond strains and knocks.

    http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...ah_injury.html

    Could be worth a punt but something doesn't quite add up when we look at his appearances and United's injury record as a whole across the midfield and central defence for this season.
    That's why I stated under Van Gaal '68, he didn't make his debut until 28th February came on as sub but played a total of 8 premier league games plus 2 cup games...at that time my thoughts were 'this lad is going to become one of the giants of football', alas the departure of Van Gaal and the arrival of money man Mourinho hasn't helped his cause this season, hindered by a crap medical team that must surely run a close second to the medics at Newcastle that got the sack a few years back...he's still only 19 though and should be strong enough to come through the adverse times.

    As you say "worth a punt", personally I don't think it would be much of a gamble, more a nailed on cert.

  16. #16
    I really don't think there is anything in this, apparently JT has said he is wary of playing for an attacking side where his lack of pace would leave him exposed.

    The press have of course thought "where could an ageing CD who lacks pace fit in without been exposed by the side playing open expansive football?"

    2+2=5

    G-Mac has been fantastic for us, but how would he have coped the last couple of seasons at say Bournmouth? We have been linked with JT purely because G-Mac has flourished with us, but even TP is not silly enough to try and put them in the same side.
    Last edited by OptimisticBaggie; 19-05-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •