+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oslo

Oslo

Has anybody been?

Contemplating heading over next time home on a fitba journey (Valerenga v Lillestrom, derby). Was wondering if its good touristy wise. Have looked the net but for every good review you get poor ones too and its nae very helpful

Any recommendations of fit to do

I take it its expensive? that's a given due to it being Norway. But is it possible for it to be nae expensive if you know what I mean.

Whats it like for Museums? Would love to see Viking stuff etc if it exists there.

Is it good for eating?

Good bars?

Transport any good? I noticed the Ullevaal Stadion miles from the city centre

And of course how much is a pint on average? Local grog

It's been a while, but as I recall:

The bleedin airport is about 30 miles fae the city and it costs a fortune in a cab, but the company was paying. You can probably get a shuttle bus.

I spent a lot of time down by the river, just off the city centre, where all the redundant industrial buildings have been converted into *********, art spaces and bars. It was 2012, so I can only remember there being an interesting industrial museum there.

Beer was expensive but less so that Reykjavik where, after I had my first £9 pint, I had to have another two to get over the shock.

We had a great dinner ina place where they served 5 or 6 courses, and a boy served us a different wine with each, explaining their properties etc, but after 3 or 4, naebody gave a ****, and just horsed it doon like good, alcohol-hungry North Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It's been a while, but as I recall:

The bleedin airport is about 30 miles fae the city and it costs a fortune in a cab, but the company was paying. You can probably get a shuttle bus.

I spent a lot of time down by the river, just off the city centre, where all the redundant industrial buildings have been converted into *********, art spaces and bars. It was 2012, so I can only remember there being an interesting industrial museum there.

Beer was expensive but less so that Reykjavik where, after I had my first £9 pint, I had to have another two to get over the shock.

We had a great dinner ina place where they served 5 or 6 courses, and a boy served us a different wine with each, explaining their properties etc, but after 3 or 4, naebody gave a ****, and just horsed it doon like good, alcohol-hungry North Europeans.
    Was that a local grub munchery?

The boy who emailed from Valerenga recommended a bar called the Bohemen pub and claims its the best sports bar in the world. That's some claim. Will have to try it oot

Found a Viking museum to. Decent

Think im going to do it.

I've been through the airport a lot but only ever got as far as the front door, nipping out for a cig.

My advice would be to go for a shyte on the way there & before you leave. There seems to be only one bog in the place.

Pints are expensive & flat. There's a saying out there that you drink Dahls & piss Hansa. I would highly recommend you don't drink either.

I was on the dark Rignes when I was in Porsgrunn and Trondheim in my old job. That was alright

I just noticed the manager of Valerenga is Ronnie Roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I just noticed the manager of Valerenga is Ronnie Roar.

At least you ken fit team to support now.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    At least you ken fit team to support now.
    Aye I might go in the Lillestrom end now I ken that