+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retained List Released

You can obtain success without spending a fortune but by doing everything on the cheap is a recipe for disaster
    we found out last season everything was done cheaply and in return we suffered the ultimate fate.

Safe to say its probably a big week ahead. With Venkys seemingly backing Mowbray as the season eneded, now its surely whether TM thinks he can work on the budget he will be given/not given. I'd love for Mowbray to come back form India and give a proper update, even if its bad news. Would make a nice change from being kept in the dark.

You can almost guarantee with Tony Mowbray you will have an honest answer good or bad
    a proud and decent man
    I just hope he gets the backing he longs for because I for one feel he is a good fit for this club.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    You can almost guarantee with Tony Mowbray you will have an honest answer good or bad
    a proud and decent man
    I just hope he gets the backing he longs for because I for one feel he is a good fit for this club.
    TM will only tell you what Venkys want him to tell you..

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    TM will only tell you what Venkys want him to tell you..
    I think you're underestimating him. I suspect he'll walk if he doesn't get some cast-iron assurances.

Totally agree Aucks. He comes across to me as a straight talking , as ethical as its possible to be (in this day and age of pro footie) guy.
    The length of his current contract ( or did it end at the close of this season?) may dictate. If so he should be able to shed some light upon any impasse.
    Maybe more importantly could well be the probable not yet delivered 'audit' ongoing where they could hide behind / hold in abeyance any firm promising.
    Again it comes down to yet again 'taking Venkys word for it'!
    I think I could be a bit disappointed in TM if he stayed on under that sort of 'agreement', as I'm non too sure I would, given their history.
    Last edited by Despair; 22-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Totally agree Aucks. He comes across to me as a straight talking , as ethical as its possible to be (in this day and age of pro footie) guy.
    The length of his current contract ( or did it end at the close of this season?) may dictate. If so he should be able to shed some light upon any impasse.
    Maybe more importantly could well be the probable not yet delivered 'audit' ongoing where they could hide behind / hold in abeyance any firm promising.
    Again it comes down to yet again 'taking Venkys word for it'!
    I think I could be a bit disappointed in TM if he stayed on under that sort of 'agreement', as I'm non too sure I would, given their history.
    Let's be honest, Despair: we're not even talking about massive sums any more - not for next season, anyway. Venky's just have to provide enough to sustain the current squad, and commit any incoming transfer-money to spending on replacements. It's not as if we are going to be attracting expensive players any longer!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think you're underestimating him. I suspect he'll walk if he doesn't get some cast-iron assurances.
    I hope you are right,but i think his hands are tied under breach of contract..

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    I hope you are right,but i think his hands are tied under breach of contract..
    I see what you mean. Lambert clearly built a release-clause into his contract. I wonder if TM has done the same.

I read that enquiries are being made towards DL , and that's no surprise at all.
    Using this as example: if TM has or feels he has 'his ear', he could well have him down as a must be retained (regardless of the financial gain issue). I'm not really looking towards the 'outlay to new blood' issue but the retention of the basis of the current as yet retained squad ie some form of 'foundation' to build from.
    If Venkys do not promise that it's TM's call (even if the valuation coming in hits a particular level), I think he would be on dodgy ground in accepting that.
    Of course that's just one player cited, the very next would be Mulgrew, for me. And poss DG. After that I'm afraid it's hard to argue much for a case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)