+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T ....and you wonder why

O/T ....and you wonder why

On the build up to the harrowing but brilliant Little Boy Blue I have just chanced upon a programme about "cops" in Cheshire or something like that.

They find a drugged up arsā‚¬hole on their patrol.
    They find cocaine in his pocket.
    They check to see if he has any previous drug convictions.

He does.

A trip down the station and a 150 quid fine is the "penalty".
    We used to have a saying. Strong arm of the law or something.
    And people blame society.

In all fairness though, possession of a major illegal drug with previous is nowhere near as bad as doing 42mph in a 40 zone.

That's serious crime man.

He'll carry on doing until eventually the courts will have no choice but to send him to prison, more likely that he's high on drugs, driving and knocked someone over.

I have to agree Newcy, sometimes the law is an ass.

About twenty years ago, during the night, I was driving an empty artic up to Dundee from Lichfield. It was snowing heavily when I stopped for my 45 minute driving break, just over the border. The snow was getting worse so I cut my break by 10 minutes to try and complete the journey, which I managed safely.

About two weeks later I was stopped in a routine check by the police on route to Portsmouth docks. On checking my tachograph discs, he noted that my break had been cut short by ten minutes, I was cautioned and had to attend a court in Winchester where I was fined £150.

I had broken the law, but as usual road users seem to be punished more than drug dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I have to agree Newcy, sometimes the law is an ass.

About twenty years ago, during the night, I was driving an empty artic up to Dundee from Lichfield. It was snowing heavily when I stopped for my 45 minute driving break, just over the border. The snow was getting worse so I cut my break by 10 minutes to try and complete the journey, which I managed safely.

About two weeks later I was stopped in a routine check by the police on route to Portsmouth docks. On checking my tachograph discs, he noted that my break had been cut short by ten minutes, I was cautioned and had to attend a court in Winchester where I was fined £150.

I had broken the law, but as usual road users seem to be punished more than drug dealers.
    Cos it's all about the money...never been about policing IMO just about creating revenue or to put it more bluntly taking our hard earned off us as easily as possible....I mean lets be honest a decent cop (if there are any) would have just said OK mate I remember that ****ty day I see where you're coming from but no...I've spotted a 'crime' so you've got to be 'punished' so we'll relieve you of some of your cash to 'put you in your place'.

As for the druggie...well let's look at it another way...why remove someone from society that makes money for us...they reckon around 80% of crime is committed by drug users to fund their 'habit' and the biggest beneficiary of crime is the Govt. who make 20% tax on every item stolen in the way of VAT....they want them on the street to keep robbing your TV's etc....so you have to spend even more of your cash and they get their 'kick back'.

You've got me started now lol....Insurance Premium Tax...WTF!!! Why should you pay a tax to insure your vehicle? I'll tell you why...because it's compulsory so you have no choice whether you pay it or not.

Then you've got the extra tax on high sugar drinks as the most recent one...excuse me Mr Govt. but if these drinks are bad for you then why not simply force the drinks companies to lower the sugar in them...who pays the extra tax...the consumer does in the end...always!!!

Bit off topic..soz..but point is still the same...successive Govt's simply keep ripping our money from us in any way they can.

That's one way of looking at it

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)