+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signings - "Tell me the old old story"

Signings - "Tell me the old old story"

In the words of the well known hymn, "Tell me the old old story". What are the odds on another pre-season of:
    "We checked him out, but he was not a Rotherham United style player"
    "We would have liked to sign him but they wanted silly money"
    "He was very impressed with the set up, but has one or two other clubs interested"
    "We expect him to sign next week or at the very latest before Christmas"
    "It's been frustrating and disappointing, but on the positive side it means current players will have the chance to show us what they can do"
    "We haven't given up on having a new face here before the season starts and we are now looking at the Vanarama National North"
    "I thought the budget the Chairman provided was competitive but at the end of the day..."

Please feel free to add your own...

Set it to music and circulate it....

It'll be our pre-season song....a bit like slade at Christmas.....

He'd have signed but his agent wanted too much.
    We offered what they wanted and then they put the price up.
    He wasn't as badly injured as we thought.
    He put Rotherham in his Tomtom and it sent him to Barnsley

I don't know what people are moaning for ... we're already taking steps to re-sign a forward fom Norwich... who never scores and is unlikely to be fully fit in the forseeable future.... er, that all so far (LOL!)
    Nothing seems to have been learned from previous player recruitment blunders

Tha lad loved me but we couldn't quite get it over the line.

'It was a done deal I don't understand why he signed for Wigan'

I was gonna sign but then realised I'd be playing for the biggest set of whinging fans ever so gave it a miss cause they know better than the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I was gonna sign but then realised I'd be playing for the biggest set of whinging fans ever so gave it a miss cause they know better than the manager.
    😄😄😄 bout right for some on here

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Give it a rest you plank. The club has just been "guided" to one of the worst season performances in football history, our highest paid player is a joke and the "manager" would not have made the short list for ANY other team in the football league. It's fans like you that bend over for whatever the management of the club will give them that have brought us to this pass. Get off your knees and give your brain a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Give it a rest you plank. The club has just been "guided" to one of the worst season performances in football history, our highest paid player is a joke and the "manager" would not have made the short list for ANY other team in the football league. It's fans like you that bend over for whatever the management of the club will give them that have brought us to this pass. Get off your knees and give your brain a chance.
    Well said monty I would guess that Yak is between the age of 6 yrs to 10yrs because at that age I had red & white eyes.It was always somebody else's fault never ours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast