Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
If we ca get a fit Thorne back in the Team ,Forsyth fit and Shackell fit firing
Martin back with a point to prove ,surely we would be stronger than last season
Maybe a couple of new players mainly right back and perhaps another centre half things could look very different .

It may not need too much to put things right

I think you might be right, but the 2 problems I see centre around Thorne and Martin.

Thorne is head and shoulders above every other midfielder in the league, but as we all know he is plagued with injuries and bar the run when he was on loan in our playoff season he hasnt done it since. Can we rely on him? We still need to chop the midfield or change the formation and tactics. Butterfield and Johnson are far too hit and miss fir me, and I firmly believe this is what has dragged down Hughes game. Inconsistency from what was our strongest area.

Martin for me at least, needs to go. There is no doubt he can score goals, however, he is lazy, he is petulant when things do not go his way. He also developed his trait of going down like he had been shot by a sniper every time he was touched. It was unnecessary. It also cost us at times. He can be accommodated, but he shouldn't be guaranteed a spot and should be made to work his way back in. His actions at Fulham show his contempt at times and this must not be forgotten.

I did like Tammy Abrahams at Bristol City, scored plenty in a poor side, might not be able to replicate it again, but certainly worth a punt. I used to like the way we loaned players for 6 months to see how they would fit in before we bought them, it was a sound plan and gave us Martin and Thorne for example. I would like to see this return.