+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    If we ca get a fit Thorne back in the Team ,Forsyth fit and Shackell fit firing
    Martin back with a point to prove ,surely we would be stronger than last season
    Maybe a couple of new players mainly right back and perhaps another centre half things could look very different .

It may not need too much to put things right

I think you might be right, but the 2 problems I see centre around Thorne and Martin.

Thorne is head and shoulders above every other midfielder in the league, but as we all know he is plagued with injuries and bar the run when he was on loan in our playoff season he hasnt done it since. Can we rely on him? We still need to chop the midfield or change the formation and tactics. Butterfield and Johnson are far too hit and miss fir me, and I firmly believe this is what has dragged down Hughes game. Inconsistency from what was our strongest area.

Martin for me at least, needs to go. There is no doubt he can score goals, however, he is lazy, he is petulant when things do not go his way. He also developed his trait of going down like he had been shot by a sniper every time he was touched. It was unnecessary. It also cost us at times. He can be accommodated, but he shouldn't be guaranteed a spot and should be made to work his way back in. His actions at Fulham show his contempt at times and this must not be forgotten.

I did like Tammy Abrahams at Bristol City, scored plenty in a poor side, might not be able to replicate it again, but certainly worth a punt. I used to like the way we loaned players for 6 months to see how they would fit in before we bought them, it was a sound plan and gave us Martin and Thorne for example. I would like to see this return.

The problem with Thorne is... he suffered numerous set backs with injuries and the question is... How long can his body last, before it lets him down again? I take every precaution on Thorne to see where his fitness levels are at and how his body is feeling before bringing him back into the equation, because he is such an important creative player for us in midfield and we have missed him dearly.

Martin has been linked with Wolves and Fulham, still have the option in his loan contract that he can be bought for £9m, if Fulham wish to do so. Martin started the beginning of the season unfit and overweight and was nowhere near his form from the previous season and if he does fit into our plans for next season, he needs to keep in shape in the offseason so that he is bearing to go and we have him back to his best form.

If we can bring in some quality loan players in from time to time on the same level as Tammy Abraham and Tomas Kalas, then that would be fantastic.

Chilli...can't read the responses because, like many, I have had to put R4J on ignore which should answer the question about what's gone wrong with the forum. Doubtless he'll have accused you of talking bollux (drivel) if you disagree with him but moving on...
    ...agree with you about Martin...good acquisition at his best but exactly as you describe in post #11 too much of the time. I believe Tammy Abrahams has been lined up by Everton in a deal which takes Lukaku back to Chelsea so any deal with us looks unlikely.

Eddy...I agree we might not be too far away, but reliance on Martin and Shackell - both have alleged questionable attitudes - and Thorne and Forsyth - both have major fitness issues - seems a bit regressive and maybe a tad over optimistic. Pity, at their best all four would walk into any Championship side and I'd love you to be right.

So basically ramAnag you ignore your own drivel and put your own errors on someone else and blaming them for something they haven't done, pretty much sums how this forum is currently shaping up to be. Fantastic work so far you doing a great job. 🙄 👏🏻

He just pointed out that Chilli was 'talking out of his arse like Swale', rA!! So just the usual imbecilish approach from it!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    He just pointed out that Chilli was 'talking out of his arse like Swale', rA!! So just the usual imbecilish approach from it!!
    I would hazard a guess that what comes out of my arse has more substance, accuracy and is more intelligible than what he posts!

It's the most common cause.

Back to the thread Joe Bryon is the best attacking left back in the Championship by a mile He's a really good footballer but we won't be getting him cheap Bristol CTY owner makes Mel look like a pauper

Yes, there's about 13 owners above Mel in the money stakes!! He needs to pull his finger out and earn a few bob to get into the 'money offs'!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Back to the thread Joe Bryon is the best attacking left back in the Championship by a mile He's a really good footballer but we won't be getting him cheap Bristol CTY owner makes Mel look like a pauper
    No idea how much Mel is worth but you're right...Lansdown is said to be worth £1.88 billion! Mind you he does seem to 'own' all the sporting clubs in Bristol.

If we're so far down the 'rich list' how come we're 'moneybags Derby' and are always the ones who pay over the odds?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)