+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: carlos out ?

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd View Post
    A waste of good tyres. :-D
    Hang one round yer neck full of petrol and spark a fag up.

Name:  HUdds.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  20.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    As soon as people realised hooper wasn't fit , everyone was looking for ff to play and considering he's scored in both prev games and been the difference it was a no brainier . Hutchinson also , if we had lost and he didn't play there would have been an outcry from everyone.
    These same tactics saw us do the double over Huddersfield but not this time.
    as for money spent , yes it's a lot but that's the business we're in. You have to pay for top players and the league is full of big price players who haven't gone up. We have a side and squad that are a force in this league, to rip it up and start again seems madness .
    Not for me, and I've said as much previously. ...I'd d never start FF up front...Unless its a roaming no10 role behind a front two, whether it be central or wide.....Winnall came full of confidence, and is a handful..We haven't played to his strengths...Rhodes has lost confidence for the same reason...He looked full of confidence in his first home game, and had a smile like a Cheshire cat after scoring....As much as I love Hutch, I don't think it was right to put him straight back in
    a home game where we should be setting the pace...It slows the play down...Bannan, and Lee central...With Wallace wide and Reach/FF on the other side....Bring Hutch on to do a Semedo late on, if needed.....I don't like alternating Lee and Bannan during games, when we have proper wingers..albeit not the quickest......As for the funds...Yes, of course its the business we're in...And the more you spend, the more you're held to account.....The Rowett sacking was an absolute joke, given what he was achieving with minimal funds.....If DC was to try something new, it wouldn't be in the same league, for bizarre decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Hang one round yer neck full of petrol and spark a fag up.
    :-D That one did make me chuckle..

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Durden You DUMB C u n t. I shouldn't expect any less really from a Wendy.
    Another one for the recycling bin....Tha't like fu;kin Malware.....Seriously..Are you a virus.?

According to reports Carlos has signed a new contract and is stopping.
    I'm happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    According to reports Carlos has signed a new contract and is stopping.
    I'm happy with that
    Me too Banno....I think its the right thing to do...I just seriously hope that he stops the square pegs, round holes cobblers.....No need for it now. ...I never want to see three centre midfielders in a four man midfield, again...regardless of this switching roles mid game sh!t..Neither Lee or Bannan should be on the flank.. . Nor do I want to see FF up front, when we currently have a forward line, thats the envy of the division.....A few tweaks needed. ...A quality centre half....A proper midfield link up man.. (Hopefully a tough tackling hardcase. )....And some real competition out wide, that has pace to burn......Sorted. WAWAW.

Well I was in two minds..If he goes we might get rid of the "tip tapping" round the back and straight back to Westwood or we might get someone else who goes for glory and plays none stop attacking football.
    We're all Wednesday on here we all know that...And we all have different opinions..And when you look at Carlos's record up to now after two years..First one, play off final and finishing 6th...Second, finishing 4th with 81 points and taking us to a semi final...It's not bad, not bad at all..
    Next season is gonna be a lot harder though..The likes of Hull, Boro sunderland, Norwich, Villa, Leeds, Derby..To name a few..

I Know I'm looking at it through my rose tinted but Blue and White specs but ffs we missed a great chance this year of getting back where we truly belong..But yeah, at the end of the day, we go again.

Come on then Carlos...Third time lucky...

WAWAW

I still think we had enough talent on the pitch to win the playoffs - far as penalty taking went, we choked.
    All that matters is we weren't good enough /not ready to be in PL.....Hudds being in the final is proof of that. All the opinions about how Carlos set us up are opinions...everyone's got their own.
    DCs plan to reach PL by 150th includes a third year of CC at the helm and that's good enough for me. Reckon CC will concentrate on autos next season.

Importantly for us, the fortunes of Brighton/Reading or Hudds in PL (clubs which weren't recently relegated from PL) will give us a good idea of how a Championship-financed teams copes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    I still think we had enough talent on the pitch to win the playoffs - far as penalty taking went, we choked.
    All that matters is we weren't good enough /not ready to be in PL.....Hudds being in the final is proof of that. All the opinions about how Carlos set us up are opinions...everyone's got their own.
    DCs plan to reach PL by 150th includes a third year of CC at the helm and that's good enough for me. Reckon CC will concentrate on autos next season.

Importantly for us, the fortunes of Brighton/Reading or Hudds in PL (clubs which weren't recently relegated from PL) will give us a good idea of how a Championship-financed teams copes.
    We DID indeed have the talent on the pitch..Just underperformed.. .We failed to bring the best out of these forwards, (regarded as the best bunch in the division.) by not playing to their strengths,...Hudds deserved it over the two legs yes... But you can't help but feel that we were lacking at times, despite our points haul over the season, and skin of the teeth playoff exit....If Rhodes and Winnall aren't scoring, then they're either not playing, or not getting the service. This ultimately leads to a lack of confidence, ....Whatever people's views on formations etc..we simply haven't been able to utilise our vast attacking talent for various reasons, inc injuries.....I like Carlos 'the man.' He really does seem like one of the most genuine, down to earth blokes in football....I'd love us to go up with him.....Get the players we need this summer...Quality link up man...Some pace out wide....A proper centre half, maybe another full back...And go again....WAWAW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)