+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florest

Florest

I just had an e-mail from the Post saying that their takover is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post

I hope you never ref there and own a bakery

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I hope you never ref there and own a bakery
    No idea what that means.

Alleged he had a ref's bakery blown up in Greece

No idea what that means.
    C'mon Vlad. This Joe, he's probably high on cod liver oil

Terrible news as far as I'm concerned.

Is that the American spelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Nah, it's Yarksheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Nope, a simple typo so don't get excited.

I couldn't help but notice this comment that the fat Greek made in the BBC report on the takeover - "We know a lot of players, managers, clubs, officials in various parts of the world in international football, agents - all this can help us to put all our connections together and try to do our very best for Nottingham." I remember how Fawaz said at the start of his reign "I am proud to be associated with such a great club as Nottingham".

I wonder how Forest fans feel about their new owner referring to their club as 'Nottingham'?

Accusations of match fixing... alleged involvement in organised crime... rumours of blowing up a ref's bakery... Well life's not going to be boring for our neighbours at least!

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Accusations of match fixing... alleged involvement in organised crime... rumours of blowing up a ref's bakery... Well life's not going to be boring for our neighbours at least!

Makes you wonder what you have to do to actually fail the EFL fit and proper test!

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    It hasn't been boring for a long time. Frustrating yes.
    But every dog has it's day.
    At least it's a fresh injection of hope and cash.
    Will it work? **** knows.
    It couldn't have been any worse. It does show you though, that higher in the divisions you go, without a good backing. You are not doing anything that is sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I couldn't help but notice this comment that the fat Greek made in the BBC report on the takeover - "We know a lot of players, managers, clubs, officials in various parts of the world in international football, agents - all this can help us to put all our connections together and try to do our very best for Nottingham." I remember how Fawaz said at the start of his reign "I am proud to be associated with such a great club as Nottingham".

I wonder how Forest fans feel about their new owner referring to their club as 'Nottingham'?
    You mean as opposed to West Bridgford?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You mean as opposed to West Bridgford?
    Wonder all you like EP.
    We've gone from your best masturbation party of relegation, to survival and a fresh start.
    It may be another carve up, but for now, it keeps the pressure on your crew.
    As you rightly point out, success for NFFC could be devastating for Notts.
    We only have to be lucky once

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

How do I feel about our new owner referring to us as 'Nottingham'?
    May I paraphrase Rhett Butler?

Attachment 4550

Ama gonna maka da ref an offer he don't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Attachment 4550

Ama gonna maka da ref an offer he don't refuse.
    Looks like a scene from the Greek version of Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels.

I think he'll do well having 7 years of success at Olympiakos, he obviously knows much more than fawaz about running a club and will be a good owner for them. With him coming in and Mansfailed splashing the cash then could be a successful season for notts area next year, I hope we're part of it!

It's easy to get caught up in the worry that both our neighbours may be on the up again. But at our level as has already been said it is all about sustainability. Will I be p1ssed off if Stags get promoted next season and we don't, yes. Will I be p1ssed off if Florist have a good season and a chance of promotion to the big time again, of course I will. The question is will you be happy to be p1ssed off if you are still able to watch your team compete in professional football in 5, 10, 20 years time . . . definitely.

Forget everyone else and focus on ourselves, yes we would love a promotion push next season but we also need to ensure we have a club to support in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast