shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game

Thread: Lowest we can finish is 10th

Lowest we can finish is 10th

With Leicester getting thrashed tonight and playing Bournemouth on Sunday.Southampton have Stoke ,still a chance of 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    With Leicester getting thrashed tonight and playing Bournemouth on Sunday.Southampton have Stoke ,still a chance of 8th.
    Yes its still on Soul we can do it , one last big effort,

We'll get f all on Sunday.

It's 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

It's 10th.
    as a pulis basher,oh ye of little faith

We are 7 points off 17th, 15 points of 7th.
    That sums up the state of English top flight football perfectly.
    What Leicester did last season was a bigger miracle than Christ ever managed.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    We are 7 points off 17th, 15 points of 7th.
    That sums up the state of English top flight football perfectly.
    What Leicester did last season was a bigger miracle than Christ ever managed.

Too right hlc...and on peanuts...

It's 10th.
    Wonder why I can't even begin to think differently...

Yes, we will finish in the top half of the table which we would have readily accepted at the start of the season. However, I am disappointed with our final points tally, even if we do win on Sunday. We were safe on the 40 point mark in mid February and since then we have gained a miserly five points. I don't subscribe to the 'on the beach' syndrome but can't honestly put my finger on the reason why. This is why I started the thread on 'What's gone wrong?' Even with all the replies on this thread I am still none the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Yes, we will finish in the top half of the table which we would have readily accepted at the start of the season. However, I am disappointed with our final points tally, even if we do win on Sunday. We were safe on the 40 point mark in mid February and since then we have gained a miserly five points. I don't subscribe to the 'on the beach' syndrome but can't honestly put my finger on the reason why. This is why I started the thread on 'What's gone wrong?' Even with all the replies on this thread I am still none the wiser.
    A combination of being on the beach once we hit 40 and the squad being to small to shake things up, we have been at (or near) the top of the distance ran charts all season, A small and ageing squad was never going to maintain that level of effort for 38 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticBaggie View Post
    A combination of being on the beach once we hit 40 and the squad being to small to shake things up, we have been at (or near) the top of the distance ran charts all season, A small and ageing squad was never going to maintain that level of effort for 38 matches.
    We also overachieved pre February, picking up points from games we were outplayed in (fortunately). All the players put a shift in but we are very short on skill in the attacking areas. Chadli threatened to be different but our Tone soon drilled that out of him.

The sad thing is that relegation is a certainty at some point regardless of this season or next season,at some point it'll be our turn again.

After that eternity in the lower leagues and then the yo yo seasons I'll be honest I'm not sure I can raise the enthusiasm on a personal level.

My dad and his dad loved football but in their latter years they lost interest,I was always mystified how that could happen.

Now i'm not.

The sad thing is that relegation is a certainty at some point regardless of this season or next season,at some point it'll be our turn again.

After that eternity in the lower leagues and then the yo yo seasons I'll be honest I'm not sure I can raise the enthusiasm on a personal level.

My dad and his dad loved football but in their latter years they lost interest,I was always mystified how that could happen.

Now i'm not.
    In fairness Mick....most things do lose there excitement as we age....Mostly cause you begin to see the varied patterns of life......and how frequently they seem to come round again...from clothes to music to entertainment......I think the football surprise of last year will be looked back on fondly by many none Leicester supporters as a truly remarkable season.....and one glad to have witnessed....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    In fairness Mick....most things do lose there excitement as we age....Mostly cause you begin to see the varied patterns of life......and how frequently they seem to come round again...from clothes to music to entertainment......I think the football surprise of last year will be looked back on fondly by many none Leicester supporters as a truly remarkable season.....and one glad to have witnessed....
    I think this sums things up pretty well.

It's noticeable even on these forums how some people simply live for their football team,it's absolutely everything to them.

From replica shirt,replica dressing gown,underpants,bed spreads and wallpaper.....everything with their club theme on it.

I may have woken up a little late but I'm now seeing there's a lot more to life.

On many Saturday's I feel like I've had my precious time left stolen from me yet it's all MY fault.

Make them signings truly stunning Mr Lai otherwise I might just go food shopping on Saturdays to get more pleasure.

I think this sums things up pretty well.

It's noticeable even on these forums how some people simply live for their football team,it's absolutely everything to them.

From replica shirt,replica dressing gown,underpants,bed spreads and wallpaper.....everything with their club theme on it.

I may have woken up a little late but I'm now seeing there's a lot more to life.

On many Saturday's I feel like I've had my precious time left stolen from me yet it's all MY fault.

Make them signings truly stunning Mr Lai otherwise I might just go food shopping on Saturdays to get more pleasure.
    I think this sums me up in the same way Dub's post summed you up (apart from the shopping bit).
    I was working 5 days a week, maybe some Saturday mornings too, then for half a year disappearing in the afternoon for 7 hours to watch Albion. I now spend more time with my wife and the rest of my family (I do watch the games but that's only a couple of hours and I am home) and save money at the same time. I rarely watch other football on TV now either. I put it down to the lack of competition due to the rich 7 but I feel it's more than that. AGE

We also overachieved pre February, picking up points from games we were outplayed in (fortunately). All the players put a shift in but we are very short on skill in the attacking areas. Chadli threatened to be different but our Tone soon drilled that out of him.[/QUOTE]

I think Chadli's decline (& with it Rondon's) is more TP's team selection than his coaching, at the beginning of the season he was playing Chadli as a CAM and he seemed comfortable in that role and both he & Rondon were scoring, since his injury he has been put on the wings where he is not having the same influrence on games & Rondon has looked isolated... and not scoring, with Morrison not having the pace to get up there to support him.

The thing is in the last 10 games we have created chances we just haven't taken them, with the exception of the Crystal Palace game we have probably deserved to get something out of all the other home games as Holmleigh says we won games earlier in the season with a bit of luck that luck has gone against us in the last few matches as people say it evens it self out over the season and you finish where you deserve to after 38 games, there are always teams that finish the season with poor results and some who start poorly but finish playing well that's the way football goes at every level.

Yes, I would have been over the moon at the start of the season had I known we would finish in the top half. It has, however, been difficult to watch all too often and the enthusiasm is drifting away. Will I renew my ST? At the moment I say only maybe but I suspect I will give it another season! I quite fancy, though, travelling around the country going to lower league grounds that I have never been to and maybe two or three Scottish grounds. It was far more exciting in the days of The King and The Bomber; now thats an old man talking..........

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Yes, I would have been over the moon at the start of the season had I known we would finish in the top half. It has, however, been difficult to watch all too often and the enthusiasm is drifting away. Will I renew my ST? At the moment I say only maybe but I suspect I will give it another season! I quite fancy, though, travelling around the country going to lower league grounds that I have never been to and maybe two or three Scottish grounds. It was far more exciting in the days of The King and The Bomber; now thats an old man talking..........
    THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR PLAN IS THAT YOU WON'T HAVE THE PASSION WATCHING lower league teams that you have watching Albion.