shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Falkirk Away Match Thread

Falkirk Away Match Thread

So this is it, a big performance now or the season is over. We all know there are match winners in our team and we can be solid at the back.

We can't leave anything behind (as the saying goes) and have to match their desire to win this one.

I think it will be like the first match: end to end, blood and guts and a good few goals. As far as Falkirk go, I think they will set up the same way as they did Friday. PH only really has one style (if I recall correctly from his united days). I don't know if that is a good thing as they set up and played very well on Friday.

So, the question is how do we set up? How do we play?

This is how I would set up (442 diamond)

................Bell..............
    Dillon Edge Durnan Dixon
    ..............Flood.............
    Spittal...............Fraser
    ...........Andreu...........
    Murray.............Mikkleson

The reason I would put Fraser in over Telfer is purely for his attaching ability and thy he is a left footer. The downside being his defensive cover won't be as good.

It's a must that tony is in the number 10 all night. It could be our last game with him and we need to get a performance out of him if we are going to prevail.

Spittal will offer cover for Dillon, and with him being on fire I would say he could
    Link with Murray and tony easily.

If we are getting over run centrally then one of spittal or Fraser need to make way for Telfer or Wato. But I think we should start positive as we will tire and I think we are going to have to score first. Lets see how the home fans react to that!

So come back on united we need a real cup performance and out of the traps from the first whistle.

I suppose i did ask for all the top scorers in the team together, but i dont think that team will be good enough. Kuate should play, and if that is not working, then Ray should change it! He will have to change the above team anyway when Fraser runs out of steam.

Wonder if a special holding team could be tried for the first half, then unleash Spittal, Fraser, Murray and Andreu for the second half, just to go for it!

One thing we cant do though is let the game go to extra time as we do not have the legs for that!

Cmon United!

I quite like the sound of that, but bringing on 3 subs so early spells disaster if and when we get an injury!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeman View Post
    I quite like the sound of that, but bringing on 3 subs so early spells disaster if and when we get an injury!
    Fraser would be the only one coming on with the others released from their 1st half defensive duties! That leaves one more tactical and one injury cover, but i do hope that we had our injury misfortune on Tuesday!

................Bell..............
    Dillon Edge Dixon
    ..............Flood.............
    Spittal...............Fraser.......Robson
    ...........Andreu...........
    Murray......Durnan

In the back theres no real options. Give 110% from the go. Replace any of midfield 4 with Kate, Telfer when they tire. Give Fraser the instruction to run his guts out (fitness etc) for as long as possible, give him a standing ovation.
    Play Durnan up front till he tires, at least he will win some controlled ball for Murray, Andreu etc and offer Falkirk a different challenge.
    Bring Mikkelson on in second half and deepnding on the score either keep Durnan up or move him back.
    Play much higher and challenge at their 18 yard line to not allow room for moving the ball around.

But everyone has to be fluid and able to move around as tiredness is going to play a great role.

No disrespect but that team would get pumped by Falkirk. Far far too open!!

Robson in midfield is a waste of time, he rarely travels with the ball and stops play far too much.

To be fair to Robson OA he stops play as he never has anyone to pass to , badly need someone wide left Tony always drifts inside leaving Robson exposed and acres o space for the opposition

But it means he's probably has acres of space to head into as well. I like Robson and think he'll be a fine player for us but he's still learning.

So you want him to play left back and left wing ???? When he is outnumbered ??? . No matter who we play left back has had the same problem and they are slaughtered for it , the problem is the formation , which is. Why I said after Thursday Ray needs to think hard about tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    So you want him to play left back and left wing ???? When he is outnumbered ??? . No matter who we play left back has had the same problem and they are slaughtered for it , the problem is the formation , which is. Why I said after Thursday Ray needs to think hard about tonight
    I think, in the last 3/4 matches, Robson has been too easily pushed off the ball. We can't have this, Falkirk are a big strong side.

Yeah but other than Kuate and Spittal there is no great size or strength there.

Robson is young and has a decent bit of energy - for all we know he might have been a revelation at left mid if Ray had the foresight to try him there.

We are screaming out for a genuine left sided midfielder.

I think we need to stay in it tonight so back to a 4-4-1-1 formation or similar.

Bell

Flood Durnan Edge Dixon

Spittal Telfer Kuate Murray

Andreu

Mikkelson

If he's feeling adventurous Si in for Phil and Robson (or Fraser) at LM

The bottom line is we really need someone playing in the area of LM....

Dillon RB Dixon LB, Mikk and Murray together up front

Key is not losing an early goal ... oh phuck :-(

Now to watch a horror show. Offered **** all for 10 mins then concede an easy goal. Same old same old.

Who is plsying instead of Flood tonight or are we playing 10 men

Goad almighty...where the f**k is fight .....nae ideas.....mon tae f**k....at least go oot fighting. ...this is sh*te

Full of ****e summed up by ****in Murray who cant kick his own backside

Formations working well ffs. Dixon basically playing left back and left wing

Wtf is clancy doing blowing for half time before even 45 mins are up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast