+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FATBOY Evans makes signing No.7.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I blame Evans for where we are now.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Seriously?

Something in your eye Topsy

Calm down Brin
    MT.....it just had to be said.

I will be amazed if Evans is not successful at Mansfield.

I don't know what it is with Zilzal and Evans.

I don't know what Zilzal expects from our management team. Most fans think that two consecutive promotions followed by two seasons avoiding relegation is fantastic, but not Zilzal apparently.

For some reason, he expects more than that. But all we have had ever since is sh!te. And it was the same after we sacked Ronnie the first time around.

I don't know what more these fans expect.

Zilzal, do you think we should be a Premier League club?!

There will ALWAYS be bigger and better clubs who take our best players. We will always be fighting fires and just getting by in the second tier.

Due to our club's size, our attendances, our finances, the best we can ever expect is a team punching above its weight and surviving in the second tier. If we have a manager who can deliver that, we should cherish him. Because we have only had two of them in over 30 years! And fack knows when the next one will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I will be amazed if Evans is not successful at Mansfield.

I don't know what it is with Zilzal and Evans.

I don't know what Zilzal expects from our management team. Most fans think that two consecutive promotions followed by two seasons avoiding relegation is fantastic, but not Zilzal apparently.

For some reason, he expects more than that. But all we have had ever since is sh!te. And it was the same after we sacked Ronnie the first time around.

I don't know what more these fans expect.

Zilzal, do you think we should be a Premier League club?!

There will ALWAYS be bigger and better clubs who take our best players. We will always be fighting fires and just getting by in the second tier.

Due to our club's size, our attendances, our finances, the best we can ever expect is a team punching above its weight and surviving in the second tier. If we have a manager who can deliver that, we should cherish him. Because we have only had two of them in over 30 years! And fack knows when the next one will come along.
    Evans brought 4 good years to the Millers .Love him or hate him you had to rate him. Spun a few yarns ,did a bit of dealing, ruffled a few feathers but that day at Wembley WOW. Mansfield top 3 next season a sure fire bet. His team never gave up

It puzzles me the stick Steve Evans gets/got on this board. I'm not sure if its more about people having agendas on here as opposed to true feelings. Hardly anyone I know has too many bad words to say about him.

Its the same with Tony Stewart and the stick he gets. Anyone would think that we had dropped alarmingly from dizzy heights or something following him buying the club.

The fact is if we go back forty years to 1977. We have spent a total of 9 or 10 seasons at championship level, apart from 2 out of those 10 we have struggled and pretty much only been able to compete with 4 or 5 clubs. A desire to win, never say die attitude and teams well organized by Ronnie Moore and Steve Evans helped us to finish above 4 or 5 of those teams for the majority of the seasons spent there but we always get found out at the end.

The only time we have really shone at that level was the 81/82'season. That was an amazing team, the best by a country mile we've had in that time period and arguably the best of the last 50 years. Its interesting that putting that team together very nearly bankrupted the club.

Again most of the fans I know and speak to understand this is who wr are and can live with this. Yes we'd love an investor to come along and plough billions in but lets face it, that ain't gonna happen.

Burton Albion are now doing what we have done so well the majority of time we've been at this level, but everyone being honest, they'll be most peoples pick to be relegated next season and what's more, they probably will be.

So all in all, the Zils of this world and some others who have been on TS back a lot of the season on here are not actually a true reflection of the average Miller. They get heard now because of modern technology allowing for message boards like this.

Back in the day it will have been a letter to the"Green Un" that most Millers would have read in the pub or on the bog at home thinking "what the f@ck has he been on"

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    It puzzles me the stick Steve Evans gets/got on this board. I'm not sure if its more about people having agendas on here as opposed to true feelings. Hardly anyone I know has too many bad words to say about him.

Its the same with Tony Stewart and the stick he gets. Anyone would think that we had dropped alarmingly from dizzy heights or something following him buying the club.

The fact is if we go back forty years to 1977. We have spent a total of 9 or 10 seasons at championship level, apart from 2 out of those 10 we have struggled and pretty much only been able to compete with 4 or 5 clubs. A desire to win, never say die attitude and teams well organized by Ronnie Moore and Steve Evans helped us to finish above 4 or 5 of those teams for the majority of the seasons spent there but we always get found out at the end.

The only time we have really shone at that level was the 81/82'season. That was an amazing team, the best by a country mile we've had in that time period and arguably the best of the last 50 years. Its interesting that putting that team together very nearly bankrupted the club.

Again most of the fans I know and speak to understand this is who wr are and can live with this. Yes we'd love an investor to come along and plough billions in but lets face it, that ain't gonna happen.

Burton Albion are now doing what we have done so well the majority of time we've been at this level, but everyone being honest, they'll be most peoples pick to be relegated next season and what's more, they probably will be.

So all in all, the Zils of this world and some others who have been on TS back a lot of the season on here are not actually a true reflection of the average Miller. They get heard now because of modern technology allowing for message boards like this.

Back in the day it will have been a letter to the"Green Un" that most Millers would have read in the pub or on the bog at home thinking "what the f@ck has he been on"

What a top post with nothing but common sense written all the way through it.

I would like Zil or whatever pseudonym he wants to use to reply, to explain with a full and frank statement stating exactly what Steve Evans got wrong in his tenure.

Also what he thought on Evans delivering for the club.

You up for this one Zil?

There's a reason he's on to signing number 7, he's aware that there is something called the transfer window which means you are limited in the time you can sign players so get in there quick before all the good ones are gone.

But no we'll feck about again penny pinching, missing all our supposed top targets and coming up with a couple of panic loan signings before the window slam shuts.

I would really like to change my outlook and become more positive about the club going forward, but they are not giving me any reasons to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What a top post with nothing but common sense written all the way through it.

I would like Zil or whatever pseudonym he wants to use to reply, to explain with a full and frank statement stating exactly what Steve Evans got wrong in his tenure.

Also what he thought on Evans delivering for the club.

You up for this one Zil?
    With respect brin..

Why would Zilzal reply to this when you have been so disrespectful by suggesting that he uses several pseudonyms.

I am certain that he gets absolutely fed up of these unfounded comments.

Zilzal posts as Zilzal and nobody else.

I am 100 per cent certain of that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast