shopify analytics
+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Legal Profession

  1. #1

    Legal Profession

    Tories haven't got the guts, but why don't Labour aim to nationalise the Legal Profession? Apart from anything else, it would be a great vote-catcher.
    Lawyers must be the most overpaid b*st*rds in the Country, and they are just about untouchable.

    A great example is the fact that Cliff Richard is (probably) fuming over the BBC's prying cameras which invaded his privacy a couple of years ago, and he's (probably) right to take them to Court for damages to his reputation. Trouble is it's going to cost the Public (through their Licence fees) an estimated 800k in Legal Fees alone! I'm hoping that "Sir" Cliff gives the money back to the BBC if he wins his Compensation claim, but we'll still be lumbered with the 800k.

    How the Hell can Fees for such a straightforward case come to such a huge amount? (If you'd said 80k I'd still want to query it!!!)
    Rich powerful people can sue at the drop of a hat, but it's the last thing the poor ever think of, knowing that they simply can't afford anywhere near the fees that Lawyers charge. Their salaries are beyond disgusting, so why not nationalise the profession, then pay them a few quid more than the national average? It's not exactly a taxing job, and I've never met a Solicitor wearing Matalan clothes!

  2. #2
    What's the difference between a solicitor and a rhinoceros ?......

    One has a thick skin and charges a lot....

    The other is an animal

  3. #3
    AND...

    Solicitor is an anagram of clitoris (well almost)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    What's the difference between a solicitor and a rhinoceros ?......

    One has a thick skin and charges a lot....

    The other is an animal
    What's the difference between a woman from Wolverhampton and Sea Lion?

    One has a moustache,smells of fish and waddles around dragging its fat a r s e on the ground and the other is a Sea Lion!

  5. #5
    Whatever happened to trochtova? A valued and sensible poster on here who I understand was in the legal profession.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Whatever happened to trochtova? A valued and sensible poster on here who I understand was in the legal profession.
    Yes, it's a pity Troch' no longer posts.

    Not to worry Paul.

    I believe BaggieBlood has something to do with the legal profession.

    If so I'm sure he'll be along to express his opinion on this particular topic in due course .

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Tories haven't got the guts, but why don't Labour aim to nationalise the Legal Profession? Apart from anything else, it would be a great vote-catcher.
    Lawyers must be the most overpaid b*st*rds in the Country, and they are just about untouchable.

    A great example is the fact that Cliff Richard is (probably) fuming over the BBC's prying cameras which invaded his privacy a couple of years ago, and he's (probably) right to take them to Court for damages to his reputation. Trouble is it's going to cost the Public (through their Licence fees) an estimated 800k in Legal Fees alone! I'm hoping that "Sir" Cliff gives the money back to the BBC if he wins his Compensation claim, but we'll still be lumbered with the 800k.

    How the Hell can Fees for such a straightforward case come to such a huge amount? (If you'd said 80k I'd still want to query it!!!)
    Rich powerful people can sue at the drop of a hat, but it's the last thing the poor ever think of, knowing that they simply can't afford anywhere near the fees that Lawyers charge. Their salaries are beyond disgusting, so why not nationalise the profession, then pay them a few quid more than the national average? It's not exactly a taxing job, and I've never met a Solicitor wearing Matalan clothes!

    Joe Public goes to court trying to defend himself against someone with money and legal representation stands little chance! Solicitors rip every one off - never give a solicitor an inch without a written guarantee they have 1/2 hours or they will come back and say they have done 5/6 hours. Yeah, they can always give you notes to say they have worked on something for 5, 10 or 20 hours and you are screwed!

    Most corrupt individuals going and most professions who work with them or equally as corrupt - all boys in it together!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Joe Public goes to court trying to defend himself against someone with money and legal representation stands little chance! Solicitors rip every one off - never give a solicitor an inch without a written guarantee they have 1/2 hours or they will come back and say they have done 5/6 hours. Yeah, they can always give you notes to say they have worked on something for 5, 10 or 20 hours and you are screwed!

    Most corrupt individuals going and most professions who work with them or equally as corrupt - all boys in it together!
    Oh no it isn't............. .


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Oh no it isn't............. .



    Mick - how about knocking the back doors out of this one?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Mick - how about knocking the back doors out of this one?
    Couldn't raise a gallop for that one.

    Liz Hurley is the type that gets the old "water diviner" twitching for me.

    Emily Maitlis off Newsnight is another that tempts me to watch boring stuff.

    Valerie Singleton never did it for me.......Petra got the blood racing more than her!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Yes, it's a pity Troch' no longer posts.

    Not to worry Paul.

    I believe BaggieBlood has something to do with the legal profession.

    If so I'm sure he'll be along to express his opinion on this particular topic in due course .
    Don't forget BaggieBoyGeoff (and myself)...

  12. #12
    Tories won't do anything about the legal profession, most of them are part of it.

    Now, who do I vote for in the hope of stopping Brexit?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •