+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens hope to tempt McFadden

Queens hope to tempt McFadden

Doonhamers hope to sign talisman - External Link

Let's hope so.

hmmm strange by reading all the posts on here about him in his games for us ,he didnt seem to delight any of the fans ,judging by what iv been hearing fans would say no to him signing ,its about getting him fully fit and the desire back in his belly then yes we would have a great player , but he hasnt found that desire for a good few years now .

There are two possibilities about this. Either McFadden doesn't fancy playing with Queens at our level and is awaiting better offers or Queens are not willing to meet his wage demands assuming we want him. Time may tell either way.
    I cannot remember a lead up to the seasons start surrounded by so much pessimism but I am more of a "glass half full" guy and will reserve judgement until the season is reasonably well underway and a win against Brechin will be just the tonic I need. Mon the South.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Let's hope so.
    Time will tell. If he's friendly enough with Naysmith and Rankin Queens may just get him on board. He may just be the tonic the club needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    There are two possibilities about this. Either McFadden doesn't fancy playing with Queens at our level and is awaiting better offers or Queens are not willing to meet his wage demands assuming we want him. Time may tell either way.
    I cannot remember a lead up to the seasons start surrounded by so much pessimism but I am more of a "glass half full" guy and will reserve judgement until the season is reasonably well underway and a win against Brechin will be just the tonic I need. Mon the South.
    Likewise. I can understand people's frustrations as far as the League Cup goes but Naysmith deserves some time to get things working and, let's face it, we can't afford to end his contract right now. Maybe he has a couple of budding Wayne Rooney calibre loanees up his sleeve! Admittedly we look like being in trouble if he can't pull something out of the hat. My main frustration echoes those of others; the seeming waste of Dobbies considerable talents.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 02-08-2017 at 05:10 PM.

I really hope his Everton contacts dig us out of a hole.

Any unease I feel about Faddy is rooted in his performance for the Saintees when we played them a few seasons back. He seemed pretty ineffectual in that game. Could have been all kinds of mitigating things going on of course. He looked pretty slow against Cowdenbeath in pre-season too but it was pre-season after all and no-one looked particularly ready. He'd likely be a good influence around the club. Still think we need some youth in the attacking midfield though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)