+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Micah Richards

Micah Richards

All seems to be getting a bit 'incestuous' in the Prem with Abrahams and Lukaku preparing for a possible swap and another of our alleged targets disappearing, but I see Micah Richards is likely to be part of a Villa clear out. A player I've always really rated...strong, athletic, good on the ball, a leader and still only 28...bet Leeds will be after taking him back to his home town...should we be interested?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-05-2017 at 03:38 PM.

The Villa fans were excited about getting him, but the reality was not so good. I must admit that I thought he was a great signing for them as well.

I think he lost his way somewhat, after a brilliant start to his career. I think it's a case of man city ruining another potentially good English player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The Villa fans were excited about getting him, but the reality was not so good. I must admit that I thought he was a great signing for them as well.

I think he lost his way somewhat, after a brilliant start to his career. I think it's a case of man city ruining another potentially good English player.
    Maybe we could kick start his career again, although since I mentioned him I realised he missed a lot of last season with a 'complicated' knee injury. He's got the exact qualities we need imo but we don't want another George Thorne - in terms of fitness not ability - so who knows?

Potentially a great player, equally comfortable at rb or cb, just what we need. Wages could be an issue.