+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millers won't wait for out-of-contract trio

... and no doubt Millers won't factor the cost of replacing them into contract negotiations either. Save £10,000 on wages spend £200,000 in the transfer market. Good business!
    Last edited by leedsmiller; 20-05-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    ... and no doubt Millers won't factor the cost of replacing them into contract negotiations either. Save £10,000 on wages spend £200,000 in the transfer market. Good business!
    We won't spend £200,000 in total on new signings this summer!!!

It'll be free transfer old crocks galore or young loans who are no bloody good or why would their parent club be loaning them out in the first place?

Leeds....

"Save £10,000 on wages spend £200,000 in the transfer market. Good business!"

Have ever had a car until it's reached the point where it became financially unviable !

The car needs: new brakes - pads - discs - clutch - timing belt - exhaust on last legs - bit of dark smoke on revving engine....this list goes on...

And you pay all this a you get....a 15 / 20 year old car that's got the lifespan of a lemming.

But the alternative.....major initial investment but ( if you get a computer game - sorry - computer program to help you ) you can buy a new car with far less "running problems"....lol

You get: better performance - more reliability - and knowing the players we are talking about - cheaper running costs!

Conclusion : Time for a change !

The only reason to NOT change is that you don't pay any of the bills and run an old wreck into the ground....BUT ON MINIMUM WAGE. MATCH TO MATCH.

That's basically why Stubbs wanted rid of Wood - Kelly - Halford last season.....they were costing alot put without the performance !

He didn't have the budget to buy new so he brought in good cars but he was capable of "doing them up" himself...lol

All this is just a year too late....but the right thing to do !

Seams to me we can't even sign the players we already have ,so what chance of signing others , promises promises ,what happened to the players all ready for signing last week ? Pull er finger out millers ,so much for early signings !

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    We won't spend £200,000 in total on new signings this summer!!!

It'll be free transfer old crocks galore or young loans who are no bloody good or why would their parent club be loaning them out in the first place?
    Yeah, silly me, must have had a senior moment!

While Paul Douglas is running the contract side of the club, myself has a fan have no belief in the club going forward, get some one with football knowledge on the board.
    The technical board are at the kindergarden stage of football knowledge, while other clubs are far in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    While Paul Douglas is running the contract side of the club, myself has a fan have no belief in the club going forward, get some one with football knowledge on the board.
    The technical board are at the kindergarden stage of football knowledge, while other clubs are far in front.

Yes he's an obvious target for our difficulties in signing players, but in my experience players cost real money not imaginary money.

He can't spend what we haven't got.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes he's an obvious target for our difficulties in signing players, but in my experience players cost real money not imaginary money.

He can't spend what we haven't got.
    Fair enough but the whole recruitment process at the club seems chaotic, even shambolic.
    What on earth was the point of putting new offers in front of the 3 out of contract players with the expectation that they would reject them? That comment came from Richie Barker and he's probably wondering what he's got himself into.
    An inadequate budget always gets trotted out as the reason for the shambles surrounding player recruitment but that's a convenient target and the real problems seem to go much deeper than that.
    I'm getting ready for an underwhelming transfer window........again.........even though TS claims we've got a top 5 budget 😕

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Fair enough but the whole recruitment process at the club seems chaotic, even shambolic.
    What on earth was the point of putting new offers in front of the 3 out of contract players with the expectation that they would reject them? That comment came from Richie Barker and he's probably wondering what he's got himself into.
    An inadequate budget always gets trotted out as the reason for the shambles surrounding player recruitment but that's a convenient target and the real problems seem to go much deeper than that.
    I'm getting ready for an underwhelming transfer window........again.........even though TS claims we've got a top 5 budget 😕
    Yep, like you I'm expecting to be seriously underwhelmed

He never actually says....."Top five" OF WHAT ?

SMOKE & MIRRORS.....If that's an appropriate phrase.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast