+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millers won't wait for out-of-contract trio

Millers won't wait for out-of-contract trio

Is this agents messing about? Smallwood and Mattock want to stay, I'd imagine Wood does too but understandable he might need more to think about.

Regardless whether it's there agents or not these players must have been offered deals by RUFC that they can refuse.

Smallwood was messed about last season by the club and we don't know how the discussions went when he was asked to go to Sc.unthorpe. It was about this time of year that he was getting ready for pre season training under his 4th manager 5th if you include Black.
    Does a leopard change its spots? Would you trust anything coming out of Rotherham Uited? Would you sign a reduced contract when you've set your life out having earned a salary and be asked to put that at risk without hearing what else is out there?

I don't for for minute blame these players for holding out for what they can. The problems caused last season started at the top and stayed at the top until the end of the season.

Where are the players who are to replace them? Where are the players coming from to play along side them? If these senior players are wanted then prove to them they are by offering the contracts! don't leave them with any doubt about staying. It has been said that players are buying into what Warne wants to do. Well by the look of this they bloody well haven't.

I don't not what the offer is or what they were on last season (not my business) but I do find it strange that they expected them to turn the first offer down and have now improved the offer.

No ****ing wonder players don't want to come here.

If they dont sign it wont be a disaster, strong leadership Warney! give them a deadline, I cant remember an agent scoring a goal or saving a pen

Typical Paul Douglas.
    Why on earth would you make an offer to players that you EXPECT them to turn down.
    Absolutely bloody ridiculous and clearly the Technical Committee has learnt nothing from its previous mistakes.
    I must say my initial optimism about the new season is waning rapidly because clearly the club is wanting everything to be cheaper than cheap and that's utterly unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Regardless whether it's there agents or not these players must have been offered deals by RUFC that they can refuse.

Smallwood was messed about last season by the club and we don't know how the discussions went when he was asked to go to Sc.unthorpe. It was about this time of year that he was getting ready for pre season training under his 4th manager 5th if you include Black.
    Does a leopard change its spots? Would you trust anything coming out of Rotherham Uited? Would you sign a reduced contract when you've set your life out having earned a salary and be asked to put that at risk without hearing what else is out there?

I don't for for minute blame these players for holding out for what they can. The problems caused last season started at the top and stayed at the top until the end of the season.

Where are the players who are to replace them? Where are the players coming from to play along side them? If these senior players are wanted then prove to them they are by offering the contracts! don't leave them with any doubt about staying. It has been said that players are buying into what Warne wants to do. Well by the look of this they bloody well haven't.
    All I will say is Evo is still recruiting and he knows these players.

Wonder what budget he's been given to recruit? tic toc as they say.

On the other hand this is the time of close season where players and agents are probably on holiday so you'll probably hear things moving on from the end of next week. Agents will be flat out touting the players on their books to as many clubs as they can so they can rack up their top percentages.

I can understand, to some extent, the club wanting the best deal for Rotherham United but is the cheapest necessarily the best? Have we learnt nothing over the last months and years? How many deals have been scuppered by our own naivety and short-sightedness? How many players have walked away in frustration at our penny-pinching attempts to undercut the market, to devalue the product?

We talk about ambition but where's the ambition in deliberately making ourselves uncompetitive, in failing to reward good service, in driving away those who genuinely want to play for the club?

The basic philosophy of this football club needs to change, we need to take our heads out of the sand and look at what's happening around us before we find ourselves struggling at the foot of another division.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I cant remember an agent scoring a goal or saving a pen
    Actually, Blackstock did score against Norwich away.!

Quote Originally Posted by ashbynick View Post
    Actually, Blackstock did score against Norwich away.!
    A screamer!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast