shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hewitt

Hewitt

Signed new 2 year contract.

Good

A better midfielder than a defender

Good news. He can cover 3 positions and at 22 he's still improving.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good news. He can cover 3 positions and at 22 he's still improving.
    Nothing much more to add than that for me. He was looking like a decent centre mid so I'm glad he staying on, even if it turns out to be a squad role.

Good news I reckon. He improved massively after KN arrived. I agree he's best in central midfield, but his adaptability is very useful.

Pleased with this. A poor right back, but passable cover in central defence and a promising central midfielder. Not the sort to win many MOM awards, but if he carries on improving he could play a positive role next season. I wonder if metrocab will comment on this thread - he was the biggest Hewitt-hater around!

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Pleased with this. A poor right back, but passable cover in central defence and a promising central midfielder. Not the sort to win many MOM awards, but if he carries on improving he could play a positive role next season. I wonder if metrocab will comment on this thread - he was the biggest Hewitt-hater around!
    At least he will be cover for a few positions, not my first choice in midfield.

After a promising start under Moniz, he had been getting steadily and rapidly worse - I would have been more than happy to see the back of him.

But KN seems to have breathed a new lease of life into him and he's looked an accomplished player showing the same promise as when he first arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    After a promising start under Moniz, he had been getting steadily and rapidly worse - I would have been more than happy to see the back of him.

But KN seems to have breathed a new lease of life into him and he's looked an accomplished player showing the same promise as when he first arrived.
    Agree with this, was happy to see him go before KN arrived but probably one of the most improved players since.

His perfect position would be on the right in a back three. As we're playing a back four, his best position is probably on the bench as cover. I didn't get the chance to see him play much in midfield, but I'm not keen. He can run, defend and cover but doesn't offer much else. Him and Milsom are too similar and I'd hate to see that for any length of time. Hopefully, that's far from Nolan's mind and we'll see a ball-playing, midfield-general type signed this summer.

Should of been released!
    1st season: Useless and at times looked as though he could not give a t-ss
    2nd season:Clueless for 2/3 of the season,improved slightly towards the end of the season but then again could hardly get any worse could he.
    Hollis gets a lot of stick from supporters myself included but one thing you cant accuse him of is lack of effort he allways gives 100%. cant say the same about Hewitt.
    As for this crap about being a versatile player i often think think this word is used to describe who are not very good in any position

Hopefully i will be proved wrong and he turns into a decent player,its just that i cant see it happening!

It would appear metrocab still is EP, but like you I think he has a place in the squad....

anticlough, you say you haven't seen him much in midfield but you're not keen? Yeah O'Connor and Milsom would be first choice and work much better but unfortunately we don't have O'Connor next season. Hewitt did a good job filling in. In an ideal world we'd get someone similar to the ability of O'Connor in but is that realistic?

metrocab, you're either trolling or you're a moron.

Like many others on here, I thought he was deadwood, a passenger who contributed little to the team. Under the new regime though, he can be seen to be quite effective in his RH midfield role and can tackle and distribute with the best. Good on yer, Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by hartypie View Post
    anticlough, you say you haven't seen him much in midfield but you're not keen? Yeah O'Connor and Milsom would be first choice and work much better but unfortunately we don't have O'Connor next season. Hewitt did a good job filling in. In an ideal world we'd get someone similar to the ability of O'Connor in but is that realistic?

Enough to hold the view that it'd be grim to see that pair start off the season as our first choice Centre Midfield. I've backed Hewitt on here all the time while others were slagging him off. I like him a lot as a Notts player but he's not my cup of tea as a centre-midfielder unless he's playing alongside an O'Connor or Aborah-type. I'm pretty sure that one of the 8 signings Hardy has mentioned will be first choice centre midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Enough to hold the view that it'd be grim to see that pair start off the season as our first choice Centre Midfield. I've backed Hewitt on here all the time while others were slagging him off. I like him a lot as a Notts player but he's not my cup of tea as a centre-midfielder unless he's playing alongside an O'Connor or Aborah-type. I'm pretty sure that one of the 8 signings Hardy has mentioned will be first choice centre midfielder.
    Are you suggesting that O'Connor and Aborah are similar style players?

No, me old time-wasting troll. Style, obviously not; function, yes.
    Anyway, the thread's on Hewitt. Anything to add?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast