+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket Prices

Ticket Prices

Just seen that people can take their kids to forest next season for less than Notts. How can that possibly be right? Adult and a child in the Trent end being 23 cheaper. Surely we need to be better value than them to grow attendances.

If looks to be more than that, depending on where you sit, when you purchase and how old your kid is.

Adult & season ticket for a 10 year old purchased in Jun will be 393 in the Kop. The same at Forest would be 355 in the Trent End.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post
    If looks to be more than that, depending on where you sit, when you purchase and how old your kid is.

Adult & season ticket for a 10 year old purchased in Jun will be 393 in the Kop. The same at Forest would be 355 in the Trent End.
    Will Big Al catch some more flack on tw@tter over this? Paying more for L2 than for the Championship?

Here.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Will Big Al catch some more flack on tw@tter over this? Paying more for L2 than for the Championship?
    Probably. Not sure you can really blame Hardy though. As he's said we're losing 1m plus a year and we also want a decent player budget so the prices are probably the best to bring in enough money.

Forest have 4x the fans or thereabouts and get a decent amount of TV money so they can afford to undercut us unfortunately.

This the new owner trying to win back disaffected fans.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Just seen that people can take their kids to forest next season for less than Notts. How can that possibly be right? Adult and a child in the Trent end being 23 cheaper. Surely we need to be better value than them to grow attendances.
    That's just a specific example and I suspect very few categories are actually cheaper there than at Notts. From a personal viewpoint, the ST I have paid 230 for in the middle of the best stand would cost me 475 at Forest!!!

I think that this is quite a serious development. Obviously, it won't affect many existing supporters because you don't change your team like that, but it is going to restrict the number of new supporters. The prices are now very similar, but forgetting Forest themselves, the City Ground ticket means that you will be watching several teams who were recently in the Premier League and will be seeing a number of players who have recently played for top clubs or who are establishing themselves. I would imagine that if Forest have a decent Season crowds may increase by 5,000 or so, if they are chasing promotion then even more.

If County do well themselves then the effect might not be too bad, but perhaps the club should now target some of the "new" Forest supporters to get them in the habit of crossing the river when Forest are away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's just a specific example and I suspect very few categories are actually cheaper there than at Notts. From a personal viewpoint, the ST I have paid 230 for in the middle of the best stand would cost me 475 at Forest!!!
    County don't have that price on their list, so is that the 60+ price in the Pavis. But that difference only holds for a while, if you were 65 then Forest would charge 335, 75 and over it would fall again to 285. But realistically, if you are 60 then you will have chosen your team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    If County do well themselves then the effect might not be too bad, but perhaps the club should now target some of the "new" Forest supporters to get them in the habit of crossing the river when Forest are away.
    Preferably without using the bridge.

Seriously though, it's the match day prices that would affect that, not season ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    County don't have that price on their list, so is that the 60+ price in the Pavis. But that difference only holds for a while, if you were 65 then Forest would charge 335, 75 and over it would fall again to 285. But realistically, if you are 60 then you will have chosen your team anyway.
    Correct, I paid the 'Senior' price in the DP stand. While it's true that difference would only last for 5 years, the saving in those 5 years would be a hefty 1,125.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Preferably without using the bridge.

Seriously though, it's the match day prices that would affect that, not season ticket prices.
    I was thinking that if a new supporter bought a ticket at Forest for 330 and got a taste for going to matches they might also be willing to buy a few match day tickets as well, even though they are more expensive.