shopify analytics
+ Visit Burnley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre Season taking shape already

Pre Season taking shape already

It will start with a training camp in Ireland and include a friendly against Shamrock Rovers on Friday, 14 July.
    The squad will split to play two games on the same day at National League North sides Kidderminster Harriers and Alfreton Town on Saturday, 22 July.
    Then its Preston North End at Deepdale on Tuesday, 25 July before facing Warburton again (but not in Glasgow) at Nottingham Forest away from home on Saturday, 29 July.
    Two home friendlies are provisionally planned in the first week of August with European sides expected to provide the opposition at Turf Moor.
    The training camp will be based near Dublin.
    Mostly from
    http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/...ures-1-8551328

both home games will feature European opponents but for whatever reason neither is confirmed just yet ... probably contractual ... one of them has been to Turf Moor before .... when I was oooh erm less than 1 year old

Shamrock Rovers play an away league game at Limerick on Saturday 15th July so will be interesting to see if they put out their reserves??
    http://shamrockrovers.ie/fixtures-results/

I didn't realise their season runs from February to October presumably to avoid too many clashes with rugby. They have played 13 so far and are fifth top having won 6 lost 6 drawn 1.

Perhaps we should run a Limerick contest then.

... The League of Ireland has been playing "summer football" since 2003 the decision was made with regard to improving League of Ireland club's results in Euro Competitions and to reduce the number of postponements /financial difficulties resulting from falling winter attendances at substandard stadiums to be frank many of which were not fit for winter football...
    ... Rugby doesn't really impact on LoI attendances the biggest competition comes from the GAA and live televised matches from the UK... Shams are my favourite Irish club .. I've seen them several times but I'm not about to upset a holiday in Mallorca to watch us play their Reserves ... so I won't be going back to Dublin for this one
    ...has the experiment worked ? - debatable , very debatable.

Interesting information Ralph. I see Shamrock lost again on Friday.

Cool Tickets are on sale today Shamrock Rovers V Burnley FC

http://shamrockrovers.ie/match-tickets/

Anyone need to know anything. I live nearby! UTC

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinDublin View Post
    http://shamrockrovers.ie/match-tickets/

Anyone need to know anything. I live nearby! UTC
    Good to have you aboard. Lovely city. Are Shamrock really playing games on Friday and Saturday that week?

Yes ... However if Rovers win their first round Europa tie things could change ... One of the second round legs will be played on Thursday 13th July ... expect a weak Rovers side either way .. they are having a poor season but beat my friends Galway at home last night

Seems to be rather bad planning and PR. We could develop our Irish fan base given we're a Third of the Irish team these days.

It's happened before since the switch to summer soccer ... some clubs have moved League fixtures to accommodate friendlies so we'll see ... The bigger problem might be the potential clash with the Europa League .. mind Limerick won't be too keen on losing an above average home gate on the Saturday

I've been told AC Milan on't Turf is one of the European games. Anyone confirm this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've been told AC Milan on't Turf is one of the European games. Anyone confirm this ?
    not one of the names pencilled in but sometimes these things do change over the summer last year a couple of the fixtures altered between May and July