shopify analytics
+ Visit Burnley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom now in the frame for a move

Tom now in the frame for a move

Palace, Newcastle (do they want the whole squad!!) and Everton lining him up (ditto) but Tom says he happy here.
    Now if Pickford is worth 30M what is Toms value??

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans.../19/35659172/-

Dont want to see that....Dont even want to think it....but if so - can and should be anywhere top level - Not our lower level competition - Certainly Not !!!

Not happening. More media inspired rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Palace, Newcastle (do they want the whole squad!!) and Everton lining him up (ditto) but Tom says he happy here.
    Now if Pickford is worth 30M what is Toms value??

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans.../19/35659172/-
    Are you going to spend the whole summer repeating every transfer rumour on the net bearing in mind that a high percentage of them are the work of social misfits who have probably never seen our team play or even know where Burnley is ? You are well within your rights to do so like but if you are please let me know now and I'll resume my exile ?

Tom deserves a bigger Club than Burnley... I hasten to say it... but it's true.
    Future England captain in the making!

Plus he could be offered 5 to 10 times his current wages quite easily.

You can't blame he if he wishes to be part of a 'bigger' team.

Thanks for all your services Tom.

I can understand the reasoning behind Keane wanting to better himself and return "home", to prove he should not have been allowed to leave in the first place.

There is not a cat in hell's chance that Tom Heaton will be leaving Burnley, ditto Barnes.

Gray not talking about extending his contract provides wiggle room for a cash rich predator.

Boyd is a strange one to me. He is one of SD's favourite sons and surely he is worth a two year contract? I believe he has earned the privilege.

Defour and Dyche obviously do not see eye to eye and I guess it might be best for both the player and the club to part company on good terms with a handshake?

Other than looking at certain inbounds, I agree with you ralphpom - let the speculators speculate?

Incidentally oldcolner, this sort of transfer rumour nonsense can easily go into the 500 taxi rumours thread.

I'd rather posters start some threads than threaten exile

I thought I'd read the club has offered Boyd a 1 year deal but he wants a 2 year deal.

I hope the club sticks to its guns. While Boyd has been a great player for us the evolution has to start somewhere. The aim as well as survival has to be to start playing some football.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpom View Post
    Are you going to spend the whole summer repeating every transfer rumour on the net bearing in mind that a high percentage of them are the work of social misfits who have probably never seen our team play or even know where Burnley is ? You are well within your rights to do so like but if you are please let me know now and I'll resume my exile ?
    Ouch!
    So do I have to ask for your approval before I post?? Or can you provide a list of (non / or) approved sites
    Where are you exiled Pom.

Incidentally oldcolner, this sort of transfer rumour nonsense can easily go into the 500 taxi rumours thread.

Had assumed we weren't paying for taxis for any of our own we wanted to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    I'd rather posters start some threads than threaten exile
    On that topic Donzy, some of the rumours are just plain silly, hence the 500 taxi rumours thread.

If Tom Heaton was to say, "I want to leave Burnley (God forbid!)" it would certainly justify a thread!

There are so many of these daft soccer sites all writing rubbish, it becomes hard to tell what's true.

I will tell you a true story from last season when I see you on Sunday. I promise you will laugh your nuts off!

Oh! ...and if you repeat it on here, I will probably have to kill you!

BT do I remember all the taxis that were coming for TECs not that long ago?? From reliable sources we were repeatedly told.
    Transfers these days can start in all manner of ways not just players asking as you will know. Sometimes clubs want to generate interest in a player as they need the money (Austin was one) sometimes, probably most times agents are looking to generate interest or income for them selves, sometimes owners or managers want to show they are trying to get or unsettle a player and more, sometimes it's a journalist having to write a story. But sometimes a club has lots of money to spend and it seems there are a few of them. Of course
    Agreed deals can also fail at the last minute when all the ducks were thought to be in line eg Grosicki. If it were so easy to sort out wood from trees I'd be better than most pundits.
    I think it's testimony to our players that someone wants to take them from us or has asked about them. If someone offered us 50M for Tom and 100k a week he would be off.

Maybe we need a taxi in and bus out thread

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

He's been on the bench for too long!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 19-05-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Bloody hell is that Steven Defour?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    BT do I remember all the taxis that were coming for TECs not that long ago?? From reliable sources we were repeatedly told.
    Transfers these days can start in all manner of ways not just players asking as you will know. Sometimes clubs want to generate interest in a player as they need the money (Austin was one) sometimes, probably most times agents are looking to generate interest or income for them selves, sometimes owners or managers want to show they are trying to get or unsettle a player and more, sometimes it's a journalist having to write a story. But sometimes a club has lots of money to spend and it seems there are a few of them. Of course
    Agreed deals can also fail at the last minute when all the ducks were thought to be in line eg Grosicki. If it were so easy to sort out wood from trees I'd be better than most pundits.
    I think it's testimony to our players that someone wants to take them from us or has asked about them. If someone offered us 50M for Tom and 100k a week he would be off.

Maybe we need a taxi in and bus out thread
    In the final analysis the only three people who really deal with the "At the end of the day stuff" are Mike Garlick, Sean Dyche and Dave Baldwin and they say nothing until the deals are done.

The rest really is pure speculation unless a really reliable trusted source (e.g. Keane's dad) tells us all otherwise.

Transfer rumours are just part of the fun.

Rumour on!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bloody hell is that Steven Defour?
    Call him Nicholas and send him to Russia. Would be worth millions.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39960384

My taxi is booked TEC 😃

On no I hope it is only rumour , rumour I can put up with pay the man double improve his contract if need be , surely it be worth it 😆

Tom deserves a bigger Club than Burnley, to let his true potential flourish.
    Plus he deserves (in todays financial climate) better wages than Burnley can/will pay.

Thanks Tom... so long...

AYC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast