shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing Budgets...

Playing Budgets...

Is the League table for budgets common knowledge within the game and even outside the game?

Just read a quote from Keith Curle with regard to Carlisle and next season and he says they are in the 12th - 16th bracket where budgets are concerned.

Obviously AH has said Notts are 7th for budgets and it appears to be acknowledged that Mansfield have the no 1 budget for next year.

Do clubs really share this between themselves?

Where can this info be found?

I seem to remember Ray Trew said that these are shared before the season begins at some sort of football league meeting.

Thanks. I would have thought everybody would try and keep their info secret..Obviously if they have to share then that explains it

You would think they'd keep it quiet just to stop the agents extorting them?

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Is the League table for budgets common knowledge within the game and even outside the game?

Just read a quote from Keith Curle with regard to Carlisle and next season and he says they are in the 12th - 16th bracket where budgets are concerned.

Obviously AH has said Notts are 7th for budgets and it appears to be acknowledged that Mansfield have the no 1 budget for next year.

Do clubs really share this between themselves?

Where can this info be found?
    I think chairmen talk and have a general knowledge of competitors

Judging by their signings so far they are very serious about promotion

Bigger budget than Luton Coventry Swindon ?

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Thanks. I would have thought everybody would try and keep their info secret..Obviously if they have to share then that explains it
    Not 100% sure! Seem to remember Ray posted words to that effect on here. All clubs chairman/CEO's attended and had to provide their budgets for the FFP thingy.

How are Mansfield getting all this money any way, they're not extremely well supported and don't get too big gates

Quote Originally Posted by Comptonpie View Post
    How are Mansfield getting all this money any way, they're not extremely well supported and don't get too big gates
    Minted Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Comptonpie View Post
    They take significantly more fans to their fixture against us at ML than they get at home games.

I can see the big spending ending in tears...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    They take significantly more fans to their fixture against us at ML than they get at home games.

I can see the big spending ending in tears...
    Promotion or bust it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Promotion or bust it seems.
    Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately with football, throwing money at the team is no guarantee of anything.

And our neighbours have been proving it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    And our neighbours have been proving it for years.
    As we did when Jocky Scott was manager.