shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football bloody hell!

Football bloody hell!

Unbelievable match tonight

Fantastic support, the spirit among the support was f*ing magical

We are special club and the big club

Whoever it is in final we have got to take them now.

Momentum brilliant

Kuate was good - let's get him signed up now fir next season

Dixon for up front

All heroes tonight

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Momentum brilliant

Dixon for up front

All heroes tonight
    ^^^^ This
    Just hope my heart can hold out, lol! ❤

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Momentum brilliant

Dixon for up front

All heroes tonight
    Lovely post. Kuate again the quiet playmaker, Spittal full of running going right at them, Murray harrassing, even Sean came onto a game when he stopped pumping it long. But as you say, heroes to a man, Rest a bit and go again. Feel the force

edit to add. I was actually calm as I've ever been. At 0-1 I was angry, at 1-1 I was well whatever, and at 2-1 I was phuk me we've done it, no gonna lose now. Epic
    Last edited by stokearab; 19-05-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Lovely post. Kuate again the quiet playmaker, Spittal full of running going right at them, Murray harrassing, even Sean came onto a game when he stopped pumping it long. But as you say, heroes to a man, Rest a bit and go again. Feel the force

edit to add. I was actually calm as I've ever been. At 0-1 I was angry, at 1-1 I was well whatever, and at 2-1 I was phuk me we've done it, no gonna lose now. Epic
    kuates passing is outstanding - he is proving a liability at some points but flood was the main issue at times. Dickers and Murray - phucking brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    kuates passing is outstanding - he is proving a liability at some points but flood was the main issue at times. Dickers and Murray - phucking brilliant
    Dunno if you caught it, there was one point where he had the ball and passed it inside to one of our players (couldn't make out who) but because our player wasn't expecting the ability to do it, the ball went into space that the United player should have been moving into.
    As the other players eg like Telfer get on his wavelength we will have a midfield. I thought Ray would drop Kuate tonight after his bad night at Tannadice, but all credit that he stuck with him.
    Last edited by stokearab; 19-05-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Still battling

Dunno if you caught it, there was one point where he had the ball and passed it inside to one of our players (couldn't make out who) but because our player wasn't expecting the ability to do it, the ball went into space that the United player should have been moving into.
    As the other players eg like Telfer get on his wavelength we will have a midfield. I thought Ray would drop Kuate tonight after his bad night at Tannadice, but all credit that he stuck with him.
    yah seen that and the 40 yard passes to feet that just go unnoticed. Big player for next 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Kuate was just taking too much time and being caught in possession and loosing the ball. I will not criticize Willo as he played most of his time on the pitch with a bad leg!

I really dont know if it was a stoke of genius or not, but i was crying for Willo to be replaced, but Ray knew better! I then spent 10 minutes in the second half shouting at the tele for Ray to change things, but what do i know!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Kuate was just taking too much time and being caught in possession and loosing the ball. I will not criticize Willo as he played most of his time on the pitch with a bad leg!

I really dont know if it was a stoke of genius or not, but i was crying for Willo to be replaced, but Ray knew better! I then spent 10 minutes in the second half shouting at the tele for Ray to change things, but what do i know!
    Funny how we all see it differently! The whole team was sh1ite first half but as the second half began I noticed that Kuate was pumped up. He started playing balls directly in front of him, between the two players facing him and Falkirk didn't like it. He made us much more direct. Yes, he's young and he did give the occasional ball away but not many. All heroes tonight but I thought the young lad had another inspirational impact second half.

Funny how we all see it differently! The whole team was sh1ite first half but as the second half began I noticed that Kuate was pumped up. He started playing balls directly in front of him, between the two players facing him and Falkirk didn't like it. He made us much more direct. Yes, he's young and he did give the occasional ball away but not many. All heroes tonight but I thought the young lad had another inspirational impact second half.
    But the reason we were sh!te for the first half was the way Falkirk were getting at us, and Kuate in particular! Second half they played differently where Kuate was getting the telling pass away, but he was still caught a few times. Falkirk should have put us away tonight, but we had that wee bit more quality off the bench, even Nicholls!

Haven't had a flutter in 18 months, but 9/2 for both teams to score and Utd to win was easy AF - anyone else pick that one out? Cashed in nicely and a massive result - happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    But the reason we were sh!te for the first half was the way Falkirk were getting at us, and Kuate in particular! Second half they played differently where Kuate was getting the telling pass away, but he was still caught a few times. Falkirk should have put us away tonight, but we had that wee bit more quality off the bench, even Nicholls!
    I think we have much better balance when he's playing. ok the first half, yeah, but it wasn't just him it was the whole team and Falkirk were getting at us mainly down the wings. His confidence level is well ahead of his actual ability, and sometimes he should just make the easy pass instead of trying to outfox three opponents round him. But he's young and that aspect of his game will improve. I thought he had a brilliant second half, as was part of the reason we created more going forwards.
    He's still a bit inconsistent but at our level I think he's making a difference. I'd sign him asap. Falkirk didn't put us away at Tannadice even when Wato had a poor game. They didn't put us away tonight even when he had a poor first half. And we won tonight when he had a great second half.

Good shout about Nicholls because he also played a part when he came on, gave us fresh legs when we needed it.

brilliant night, I've not seen Arabs dancing and singing like that in the ground and in the car park in a long time. Really did't expect that result, thought we were nervy/dodgy at the back first half, but second half Murray really led from the front, and happy for Dixon. Big plus avoiding extra time, given ourselves a real chance, but big test ahead however whoever we play.

In getting at us, i mean Falkirk were getting at our players and doing a good job in disrupting our shape and ability for the likes of Kuate to hurt them. How often did Spittal get a chance to shine? Kuate was never brilliant in the second half, but that doesnt mean to say i didnt appreciate his contribution. And i wanted him signed long term from seeing him in Sir Seans testimonial!

And you mention Tuesday where i actually thought Kuate was coming onto a game when he was hooked, which was maybe a nod to keeping him fresh for his second half tonight!

Yes this is a win stokie, but too early to get carried away!

Kuate deserves a special mention for his celebration after the final whistle. He's only signed to the end of the season yet his passion was there for all to see (get him signed). Funny as feck when he ran past their goalie waving his top above his head 😁

Love the guy, will improve with a full preseason training, we are a better side with him in it, must get him signed

Kuate was iffy for about the first 20 minutes, but then again the whole team were like Bambi on Ice on thon plastic. As the first half wore on though he came more and more onto a game and second half he was the best player on the pitch. There's a reason why suddenly we're looking that bit more dominant and creative in the middle. It's no rocket science. Agree - he MUST get signed up, regardless of what league we're in.

Kuate has loads of ability and potential. Yes he gets caught on the ball too often at the moment but he will learn and improve without doubt. No brainer to sign him.

Ray needs to be playing Telfer too, we need boys with his ability in the side.

Spittal has been a big big player recently too, I've criticised him as an under achiever in the past but he's now stringing together v good performances.

I have never been at a match where the spectators had such a positive effect on team performance than the second half last night..

I think the Scott Brown wannabe with even less ability (McKinnon) will be sent out to kick lumps out of Kuate and wind him up. Interesting battle as Kuate is pretty strong. I think if wee Willo just wades in, if he sees what is going on then it just might help resolve a possible issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I think the Scott Brown wannabe with even less ability (McKinnon) will be sent out to kick lumps out of Kuate and wind him up. Interesting battle as Kuate is pretty strong. I think if wee Willo just wades in, if he sees what is going on then it just might help resolve a possible issue.
    McKinnon is a red card walking. Mind he was trying it on with Nads a couple of years ago at Tannadice and ended up getting sent off. Ciftci then stupidly got sent off for deliberate handball. Definitely get nigglly as phuck on him, but make sure that it's always someone different having a go at him. You know, just like how Celtic do it.