+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millwall

"Heckingbottom"

I pressed the G when typing his surname Gaz!! I also wrote Bardford (did you notice), but thats because Im a quick typer and dont always check on everything after Ive written it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I thought James Meredith looked decent for them in the Final, and I see your lot have snapped him up quickly.

And speaking of 'one of our own' like Bardford have got with Stuart McCall, you have got it in Neil Harris, and we've got it in Paul Heckinbottom. I think fans appreciate it much more these days when a manager is from that town and has played for and coached the club etc.
    Acido we were lucky to get Meridith as Bolton were also after him,he said Neil Harris impressed him. After 5 years at Bantams he really wanted to play in Championship

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Acido we were lucky to get Meridith as Bolton were also after him,he said Neil Harris impressed him. After 5 years at Bantams he really wanted to play in Championship
    It sounds good doesnt it Claw, to be able to talk about your own team as being 'Champship' again after winning promotion.
    That was us this time last year, and Preston the year before that etc. Btw, arent Bolton facing up to massive debts still ?
    We recently signed the highly rated Steve Mallan from St Mirren and he more or less said that the lure of the English Champship was too good to turn down. (or words to that effect lol)

Yes it is good to be back, it took the Blades 6 years I just hope we can do as well as you in your 1st year.

It could take a long time for Blackburn to get back up I feel .Also Rotherham, I mean they only had 5 wins in the whole of last season.
    Last edited by claw84; 03-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Belated congrats one your promotion all you Lions fans..

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Yes it is good to be back, it took the Blades 6 years I just hope we can do as well as you in your 1st year. It could take a long time for Blackburn to get back up I feel .Also Rotherham, I mean they only had 5 wins in the whole of last season.
    The Nobbers (Preston) have done it for 2 seasons now Claw so it shows the Lg One play off winners can surprise a few teams when they come up.
    Blackburn fans are saying they wont go anywhere with the chicken pluckers in charge (and no thats not meant to be rhyming slang for the Venky's lol).
    I think Rotherham have got the wrong man in Paul Warne and its just another in a long line of poor managers for them since the fat man Evans left a few seasons ago. And thats a shame really because I think we've always had a decent relationship with the Millers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12