+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millwall

Millwall

Should Millwall be prevented from play-off promotion due to the behaviour of their fans and Bradford promoted instead.
    Not fair on the players but would stop further pitch invasions?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Should Millwall be prevented from play-off promotion due to the behaviour of their fans and Bradford promoted instead?

Short answer - no!

Why should their club be punished for the abhorrent behaviour of some of their fans at a neutral venue?
    Steve Morison said on the pitch right after the game that they had "ruined" the moment - he was dead right, and it wasn't the club's fault.
    Had it happened at the New Den in the semis of course, you might have a case.

BTW, I don't like Millwall, never have, so if you get your wish (I assume that's your wish?), I wouldn't shed a tear!

Pitch invasions are a traditional part of final whistle celebrations in this country and have been for decades.
    Morrison sounds a bit of a soft melt,in all honesty,and if I was in his shoes I think the invasion would have enhanced the occasion.

Trouble is some Millwall fans have caused problems the last few times they have been at the national stadium, yesterday's incident was not actually the worst, but they can't keep getting away with it, though denying the club promotion is touch harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Short answer - no!

Why should their club be punished for the abhorrent behaviour of some of their fans at a neutral venue?
    Steve Morison said on the pitch right after the game that they had "ruined" the moment - he was dead right, and it wasn't the club's fault.
    Had it happened at the New Den in the semis of course, you might have a case.

BTW, I don't like Millwall, never have, so if you get your wish (I assume that's your wish?), I wouldn't shed a tear!

Not my wish, I just put it up to see what peoples thoughts were