+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queue at the office door

Queue at the office door

Well folks D day is looming. Will there be a queue tomorrow saying yes to their contracts or will there be silence, who knows? Also am I correct in thinking that Ray and Ng can call Big Dave's bluff, if he does as he says and rips up any contract offers after tomorrow will we lose any rights on compensation a la Colclough and Byron "holding out" senarios from the recent past. Thoughts anybody.

No, we won't lose the right to compensation for Ray and Ng as they are under 24 and we're developed at the Academy. We didn't lose out on rights to this money for Colclough (figures between £300-£600k are bandied about) but we would usually receive more if the player is under contract as we can obviously negotiate a fee as technically the player is still 'ours'.

It's a bit perverse that we are better offloading a 23 year old than offering a 1 year deal past their 24th birthday, as we did with Moore, but they're the rules.

When I saw the list of players offered new deals, I thought that Ray and Ng were certain to sign, but I may be wrong.

We will get compensation if they move on, but Artell will then be looking for three CBs since Guthrie seems certain to leave and Davis/Nugent have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    When I saw the list of players offered new deals, I thought that Ray and Ng were certain to sign, but I may be wrong.

We will get compensation if they move on, but Artell will then be looking for three CBs since Guthrie seems certain to leave and Davis/Nugent have been released.
    Looking forwards to hearing some great soundbites in the next couple of days.

Its a tricky one with the under 24's as for us to be due any compensation they have to have a contract offer form Crewe, so the idea of Artell ripping up the offers is a bit silly.

I'm surprised Ng hasn't snapped their hands off to be honest, he's looked like he has a lot of potential but I can't see him moving up a level anytime soon.

Is anyone else a little concerned that next season could be looking pretty bleak? Offering the wages we do attracting enough quality to rebuild this team might prove tricky?

[QUOTE=thnhouse;38536047]Its a tricky one with the under 24's as for us to be due any compensation they have to have a contract offer form Crewe, so the idea of Artell ripping up the offers is a bit silly.

That was my original point.

Really surprised at Ray and NG not signed yet I would like Guthrie to sign but Turton needs to move on

Ng & Ray's deals will remain on the table for as long as it takes them to sign them unless they go elsewhere then we get compensation.

For me Turts & Guthrie have had long enough to sign but got a feeling they will be part of the same defence as last season.

NG just signed. With the under 24s I believe that as long as we have offered them contracts at better terms then they are still our players and we would get compo
    How things have changed, one of our earlier youth players was coming to the end of his contract and asked Dario to give him another year otherwise it would mean he could leave on a free. He wanted the extra year so that the club would get some money when they sold him as he appreciated what Dario and the club had done for him.

Perry NG now signed - 12 months and option of another 12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast