+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hun self delusion continues

Hun self delusion continues

Been over on FF for updates on a couple of things - in fairness it is a busy board, but it never ceases to amaze me how self-deluded some of them are. And this is from people who appear reasonably intelligent - not yer knuckle-draggers which every support and message board seems to have.

One guy posted re the tims finances
    "I agree with the rest if your post but this point for me is a worry. Yes they might fail to qualify for the CL but they will have a nest egg from having a clear run in our absence"

It's the suggestion that the tims had a clear run in the absence of the hun. FFS even with the huns in the top flight the tims still have a clear run - the huns are closer to ICT at the bottom than to the tims at the top!

The tims are scooshing the top flight irrespective of where the huns are. Aberdeen are the only ones putting up some resistance, and it's not much resistance at that.

The arrogance of the hun seems to know no bounds, despite being humiliated firstly by Motherwell over two legs, then when they eventually got into the top flight, by various others, as well as by the tims.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Been over on FF for updates on a couple of things - in fairness it is a busy board, but it never ceases to amaze me how self-deluded some of them are. And this is from people who appear reasonably intelligent - not yer knuckle-draggers which every support and message board seems to have.

One guy posted re the tims finances
    "I agree with the rest if your post but this point for me is a worry. Yes they might fail to qualify for the CL but they will have a nest egg from having a clear run in our absence"

It's the suggestion that the tims had a clear run in the absence of the hun. FFS even with the huns in the top flight the tims still have a clear run - the huns are closer to ICT at the bottom than to the tims at the top!

The tims are scooshing the top flight irrespective of where the huns are. Aberdeen are the only ones putting up some resistance, and it's not much resistance at that.

The arrogance of the hun seems to know no bounds, despite being humiliated firstly by Motherwell over two legs, then when they eventually got into the top flight, by various others, as well as by the tims.
    Hun delusion 1) They are the same club as they were pre-2012

Hun delusion 2) They have some kind of right to be considered a top quality side, despite the complate absence of any evidence for this

Hun delusion 3) An outside influence perpetrated some crime against them

Hun delusion 4) The whole of Scotland, including the police, the government, the SFA, the referees (and basically everyone who isn't a rangers supporter) is under the sway of Celtic in general and Peter Lawwell in particular.

Hun delusion 5) It was at Peter Lawwell's instigation that rangers downfall was initiated, and it is at Peter Lawwell's behest that such treatment continues.

Whilst the 5 statements, above, might seem hysterical to some, examples of each can be found within minutes of looking on Swamp Central...

"Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands
    Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
    And we tumble to the ground and then you say...."

If a bunch of grown men singing that together isn't enough to make you nervous I don't know what is... G.A.F...

Sevco are roughly where Rangers were before Murray came in and introduced financial cheatery on an epic scale. The sooner they realise that, the better for their health and that of their pet cats

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Sevco are roughly where Rangers were before Murray came in and introduced financial cheatery on an epic scale. The sooner they realise that, the better for their health and that of their pet cats

I think the problem is that they got used to success (by whatever means) under Murray, and there's an entire generation still believe they've some kind of entitlement to win and to be treated as some kind of special case.

Remember the reaction when the yer man Brown said month ago that he expected the biggest test to Celtic in the league would come from Aberdeen? He was effectively ridiculed by those journalists who'd only months previously predicted the huns would win the title.

When did any club come up from the 2nd tier and win the top tier the following season? I can't remember it happening. And yet these "experts" of the press seemed to think it the natural order of things. YCMIU

Wink

..... and there's an entire generation still believe they've some [b]kind of entitlement[\b] to win and to be treated as some kind of special case.
    Exactly

It's been great watching them slowly waking up to reality and knowing that they're mere diddies in amongst the other diddy clubs now.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Hun delusion 1) They are the same club as they were pre-2012

Hun delusion 2) They have some kind of right to be considered a top quality side, despite the complate absence of any evidence for this

Hun delusion 3) An outside influence perpetrated some crime against them

Hun delusion 4) The whole of Scotland, including the police, the government, the SFA, the referees (and basically everyone who isn't a rangers supporter) is under the sway of Celtic in general and Peter Lawwell in particular.

Hun delusion 5) It was at Peter Lawwell's instigation that rangers downfall was initiated, and it is at Peter Lawwell's behest that such treatment continues.

Whilst the 5 statements, above, might seem hysterical to some, examples of each can be found within minutes of looking on Swamp Central...

"Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands
    Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
    And we tumble to the ground and then you say...."

If a bunch of grown men singing that together isn't enough to make you nervous I don't know what is... G.A.F...

fair summery although 2 points missed

1. they delight in child abuse the word "peado" is used every second sentence,,its all they have left I suppose

2. some mystery gazillionaire benefactor is waiting in the wings to cast "timmy" back to his rightful place

seriously,, the more I read of there total crap the more I am convinced the lunatics have taken over the asylum

The pain reeks thru every pore,,the once untouchable instituation known as rangers,,,,,,,,,,,,,dead

the clone thats left in its place is a total laughing stock.

Long may it continue !!

I think the problem is that they got used to success (by whatever means) under Murray, and there's an entire generation still believe they've some kind of entitlement to win and to be treated as some kind of special case.

Remember the reaction when the yer man Brown said month ago that he expected the biggest test to Celtic in the league would come from Aberdeen? He was effectively ridiculed by those journalists who'd only months previously predicted the huns would win the title.

When did any club come up from the 2nd tier and win the top tier the following season? I can't remember it happening. And yet these "experts" of the press seemed to think it the natural order of things. YCMIU
    Which journalists predicted Rangers would win the league?

Anyone who predicted that should be locked up for their own benefit.

Delusion by the bucketload on shwally shwally ken?

Default Re: Alex Rae: Rangers will struggle to sell flops
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Leven View Post

My own guess - feel free to comment:

Rob Kiernan - free, hopefully won't need paid off if he can find a club
    Martyn Waghorn - as above
    Danny Wilson - as above
    Harry Forrester - no way will we get a fee for him, and will need to pay him off
    Joe Garner - will maybe get £500,000 from a League 1 or 2 club down south
    Joe Dodoo - will be retained
    Andy Halliday - put up for sale, might get £250,000
    Jason Holt - might be retained
    Michael O'Halloran - makeweight in SPL deal...perhaps Aberdeen or Hibs?
    Jordan Rossiter - unknown
    Josh Windass - sell if we can....maybe aim for £750,000 or more if we can !! Bucket loads of Delusionalness....
    Dundee sold Marvin Johnson for £600k.

Is anyone suggesting we couldn't get the same fee for Waghorn, Kiernan, Wilson and Garner ?

My guess ?

We'll punt McKay, Kiernan, Hodson, Waghorn, Garner and Wes for money. And we'll make around £5/6m on them !!

That's a decent chunk for Pedro to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post

Hugh Keevins for one. Fairly sure that Fat Derek did too. There were a couple in the tabloids as well.

The very fact that they weren't laughed out of it shows that behind it all there is an assumption, contrary to any actual evidence or track record, that somehow the huns will get through and win trophies and prosper. They've learnt nothing from their previous incarnation and are destined to make the same mistakes all over again unless they get a severe dose of reality pronto.

SFA bestowing Gold Status compared to Silver for Hearts simply beggars belief but there are some in position that appear to have vested interest in keeping TRFC front and centre - despite their piss-poor on pitch performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post

'Going for 55' was Sevco's slogan, which the press and fans all bought into. Take off the Sevco specs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)