+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Proud

So Proud

After running out of legs at the end of last season Spurs ended up 3rd with 70 points. This season they raised their game and finished 2nd well clear of both manc clubs, Liverpool and the team from woolwich.
    They have scored more goals and conceded less goals than any other team and remained unbeaten at home for the first time in over 50 years. They have lost less games than any other team, losing only at manure, chelski, Liverpool and some team from the bottom half of the table. The only team that stopped Spurs winning the league was chelski.

Credit to chelski for winning the league despite the terrific performances of Spurs. I think that had we been at the Lane next season that we would have pushed them even harder but we will be at Wembley and so I think we will have a battle to make Top Four.

It has been a wonderful season to be a Spurs fan and our football was a joy to behold.

COYS

Know how you fell Davee.....Supporting the Spurs is very similar to supporting the 'Wall!

As a neutral Dave Ive been impressed with Tottenham for the last few years and Harry Kane is in amazing form at the moment, its a shame they didnt at least make it to next weeks Fa cup Final. Who would have thought they would win 1-6 at Leicester & 1-7 at Hull ?

Tottenham are a breath of fresh air in an increasingly overhyped, overpaid Premier League.
    In Mauricio Pochettino they have a young, humble and hungry manager who shys away from the limelight.
    What a move by Levy that was.

The style of football they play is great to watch, real attacking, exciting football with no pretentious tactics that the modern day pundit dribbles over. Football is a simple game, always has been and always will be.

The most exciting thing about Spurs to me though is the strong English contingent. Walker, Rose, Dier, Dele and the exceptional Harry Kane show us all that a starting eleven featuring a good few home grown players CAN succeed and this is the first time I have looked to the future of our international game for a very, very long time.

Good luck to them.

Well said newcy Wolf I have to agree with everything you've said. If I had to pick a team to watch for entertainment from the Prem it would be Spurs.

Some good talent that could excite in Russia

And they said London stadium would never work.
    Going to 60.000 next season then 66.000 later. Name:  Attendance.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  98.4 KB
    Last edited by trickydick; 29-05-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    And they said London stadium would never work.
    Going to 60.000 next season then 66.000 later. Name:  Attendance.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  98.4 KB

And how many points per fan does that equal? If they ever charge a reasonable ticket price do you think that the crowds would stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    And how many points per fan does that equal? If they ever charge a reasonable ticket price do you think that the crowds would stay the same?
    Lol coming from a Spurs fan that knows spurs will be selling kids for a quid at their home games at Wembley next season

I await your publishing this list for next season Trick!!