+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exit door rumour thread..?

He's been a great servant as has Arfield. It is time we moved on , let the revolution begin.

#footballcanbeattractive

If we are to improve Donzy, regrettably I think you are right! (Not very often I can say that!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If we are to improve Donzy, regrettably I think you are right! (Not very often I can say that!)
    I have seen nothing yet to show that what we have replaced them with are any better or reliable.

I would keep both as relatively cheap options for when plan A is not working.

Hello all,

Brighton fan here, obviously really looking forward to next season.

Congratulations on a really good season last year in the Premier League, if we replicate that, I'd be a very happy man.

Enjoyed the 3 way battle between us, you and Boro season before last. Even if the end result wasn't pleasant!

Where do you see you guys strengthening next season? I guess you're looking a bit light in central midfield, I thought Stephens was odds on to join you guys next season and really shocked he decided to stay as I thought location was one of the biggest factors.

Hi Seagull, and congrats on reaching the promised land (not what I would call it but everyone else calls it that).

Yes it was odds on that Stephens would come North with his family ties, so either it was all hype or money talks, I wasn't upset when he didn't arrive as I don't rate him, and it's not sour grapes as there are a few we bought which I'm also not happy about.

I think we need strengthening all over the shop to be honest, and if we don't it will be another struggle with very poor displays again, that's only my opinion as there are a few on here who believe we are the real deal, good luck in the Prem and enjoy the money

Stephens signing a new contract at Brighton hardly got a mention among Burnley fans , who were never that struck with him. He would have been a downgrade on our current central midfielders Hendrick and Westwood and we are looking to upgrade, even more now that we are in our second season.

Burnley need a combatative central midfielder , another forward player like Ings who can drop in the hole, and a centre half ready to step straight into the first team if needed. Finally a fast tricky wide player.

Brighton will need a strong bench. We perished without one 14/15. This season we had a bench worth in the region of 30+ million pounds at time. Our subs made a key difference this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull91 View Post
    Hello all,

Congratulations on a really good season last year in the Premier League, if we replicate that, I'd be a very happy man.

Enjoyed the 3 way battle between us, you and Boro season before last. Even if the end result wasn't pleasant!

Where do you see you guys strengthening next season? I guess you're looking a bit light in central midfield, I thought Stephens was odds on to join you guys next season and really shocked he decided to stay as I thought location was one of the biggest factors.
    Everyone and his dog 'knew' Stephens was going to sign for us last summer, we were lead to believe it was a done deal. The player wanted the move and if you hung onto him we could have him for nothing this summer. It was a big gamble to keep him, you had to win promotion and then persuade him to stay. The lesson for our board, don't play poker with a professional.

Best of luck in the PL but I'm with Alto, it's not all it's cracked up to be, by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull91 View Post
    Hello all,

Stephens not coming to us is not a concern. Like others I don't rate him as much as I do Knockaert and Hemed.

I don't expect Tony Bloom to sit on his hands over summer and expect some new signings to improve the team.

There were some bad moments for Brighton and not coming top was one of them.

Still, you are certain to be a handful next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Stephens signing a new contract at Brighton hardly got a mention among Burnley fans , who were never that struck with him. He would have been a downgrade on our current central midfielders Hendrick and Westwood and we are looking to upgrade, even more now that we are in our second season.

Burnley need a combatative central midfielder , another forward player like Ings who can drop in the hole, and a centre half ready to step straight into the first team if needed. Finally a fast tricky wide player.

Brighton will need a strong bench. We perished without one 14/15. This season we had a bench worth in the region of 30+ million pounds at time. Our subs made a key difference this time.

Agree with all that Donz even down to the bench and I have a feeling we will be similar again if we don't strengthen and get rid of the few players who simply aren't good enough.

They have been good servants but sadly can't cut it at this level, a lot depends on the club now IMO if they are seriously going to have a go at this or if they simply hoping for a survival campaign.( I don't mean we are better in my mind than we are ---- some on here think we should be top half. ) .

I just mean we need to be progressive ( Dyche included) in how we win games.

Incidentally Williams for Reading looks like the combative type you refer to if Reading don't win this game , watched him a few times in last 3-4 weeks and looks like he could do the job in the premiership.
    Might be a bargain ?

"Incidentally Williams for Reading looks like the combative type you refer to if Reading don't win this game , watched him a few times in last 3-4 weeks and looks like he could do the job in the premiership.
    Might be a bargain ?"

I have to agree about Williams. He gives it 100% every game and works hard for the team. Always tries to use the ball and comes up with the occasional goal. He is 28 years old and could probably fit into the framework.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)