+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerry Yates

Yes that running style, it's a sort of shuffle isn't it?

That should not need to be trained into a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER.

You're talking kids here - having basic skills training......WHEN they get professionally proficient - then and only then..should they be offered terms - he's 5 years behind the curve.....

I've watched him being coached 1 on 1 and I could not believe my eyes. It was like the teacher hanging back to give the kid who can't get it some extra tuition.....and Yate' body language was that he didn't want to be there... I kid you not - I was shocked !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    That should not need to be trained into a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER.

You're talking kids here - having basic skills training......WHEN they get professionally proficient - then and only then..should they be offered terms - he's 5 years behind the curve.....

I've watched him being coached 1 on 1 and I could not believe my eyes. It was like the teacher hanging back to give the kid who can't get it some extra tuition.....and Yate' body language was that he didn't want to be there... I kid you not - I was shocked !
    The reason I said I'm surprised his strange running style hasn't been coached out of him is that I have seen what happens at the academy because my grandson used to go there.
    In the under 16s there was one lad who was lightning quick but was all arms and legs when he ran. The coaches took him to one side and, over a period of several weeks, taught him how to run correctly and he now looks like a proper athlete.
    Yates came through the academy route but clearly no one has sorted that side of his game out and it may be too late to change him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes that running style, it's a sort of shuffle isn't it?
    And a pretty slow one at that 😊

I lived vertually next door to 'The Cliff' in Manchester....United's old training ground and have sat for hours watching Cantona - Cole - Giggs....and the rest from the embryos they train to the first team....and they trained the young uns to sprint....very similarly to such as Trevor Philips - Tommy Spencer and the ilk on Park Street .....

Same old training.....but Rotherhams training was more shuttles.....but sharp short reps....Tommy Spencer was always last.....but nobody dare take the p!55..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12