+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell start the rebuilding process

Motherwell start the rebuilding process

The club has released details of the first wave of changes to the playing squad. Eight of the first team say farewell while talks with Ainsworth, Griffiths and Lasley continue. - External Link

Hopefully the talks with Lasley are about his role as a coach and not a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Hopefully the talks with Lasley are about his role as a coach and not a player.
    Agree completely his footballing days behind him....

I think - worryingly - he'll be in the playing squad next season. If he was going to retire, he'd have announced it before Saturday. If Robbo was going to retire him, probably likewise but even if not there'd be no need for ongoing talks.

Therefore I think he'll be at Fir Park next season and the haggling is over cash and the allocation of his time between playing and coaching.

Griffiths has shown enough that if we can get him on a cheap deal he's a more than adequate number two.

Very surprised at Ainsworth though.

Gobsmacked Lasley and Ainsworth have been offered terms more or less going to be same bunch as last season.Robinson will have to convince me something awful pretty soon cause the core of the squad is the biggest pile of donkeys I have ever seen.

Shocked Dylan Mackin left always thought he looked a decent youngster.

If Lasley or any of the rest of the class of 2003 (Hammell, Pearson & McFadden) start next season as registered first team players then I give up.

Are we as a club EVER going to look to the future?

Those four, plus Ainsworth and McManus need to be moved on from Fir Park and adequately replaced with shrewd transfer business and youth development, that is the only way we will prosper as a club.

I am heartily sick of this jobs for the boys/backward looking culture at the club.

Surprised Ainsworth has been offered a new deal as he never really started that many games under Robinson. Lasley, i think will be signed as back up next season and will focus more on coaching. There are players not mentioned such as Jacob Blyth and Craig Clay who i think should be on they're way. It will be difficult though as those players are still under contract.

'In talks with Ainsworth' ... FFS, talk about rubbing your face in it !! Get him tae fork out.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)