+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Its a Yes then...

Its a Yes then...

No surprise, just over 80% approved the bid. The Ayes have it, the Ayes have it.

I hummed and hahed about 'Yes' or 'No' but in the end I felt that there was no alternative if we wanted our club to move forward to vote 'Yes'. I think we could have waited years to get someone who seems to be upright and honest like Mr.Eisner to invest in Pompey and at least we have seen him so unlike a previous "owner" we know that he exists!

Me too, couldn't see one reason why I should vote No.

I did do a double check though. I stood in front of our dog, who, coincidentally is called Pompey, and asked him Yes or No. He wagged his tail which I took to mean Yes, although he could have thought I asked "Do you want a treat, Yes ot No" I suppose!

P.u.p.

Not surprised with the result.....some what disappointed about how the process was carried out, especially as it seemed "certain" parties went into the "doom and gloom" Fratton Park is falling down/going to be shut down etc mode to almost "scare" shareholders into voting "Yes". Still onward's and upwards......I just hope that ME keeps to his word and finally Fratton Park is either redeveloped with an increased capacity and better facilities or a new ground is progressed with. In my humble opinion we need to do this first not "think" about it if/when we reach the Championship or dare I say it the Premier League. (And no I am in absolutely no rush to get back there!). We have to finally get the ground sorted out..........we have stood still (Gone backwards even) when it seems every other Club has redeveloped or built a new ground. PUP and have a cracking summer. Looking forward to the British Lions Tour!!

If I remember correctly, ME's priorities were to fix Fratton Park for safety, improve the academy and improve facilities on a match day. I know people who've been to Disneyland over the years and mentioned the attention to detail of the assistants in all aspects. So he'll probably be looking at that.

That is correct. He may be having a say in the appointment of a new manager too. I can only wait and see but if that is a case, I know Corky would agree please please please not Phil Brown

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    He may be having a say in the appointment of a new manager too. I can only wait and see but if that is a case, I know Corky would agree please please please not Phil Brown
    That would be a shame. And add me to the list of not Phil Brown. No idea who though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)