+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a fresh start for all: Barker

Ipswich away....Brown on bench unused under Warne.....

Btw the walking on water is very humerous and creative....got one like it on the mantle piece.....as if....sad two hats.....but very funny.....arf.....

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    By George you're right. Brown was on the bench.

Err so was Kenny Jackett. It was his second game. Nowt to do with Warne.

Feel silly? You should

Warnes first game in charge was Burton away, KJ manager for Ipswich away - his only point in 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherman View Post
    Warnes first game in charge was Burton away, KJ manager for Ipswich away - his only point in 5 games.
    Yes Warne's first game. Brown played 90 minutes.
    Second game v QPR Izzy scores the winner and plays for 86 minutes
    Third game at Fulham he comes off injured after 36 minutes and, post match, according to lbj, complains about Warne not picking him.

Not often I post from memory....don't feel silly though.....Brown was on the Bench against Reading....first game under Warne ( as caretaker manager ) Then the KJ & Warne partnership ( starting at Ipswich ) dropped brown from Reading onwards - Brown didn't play again untill Leeds match......

According to programme notes...

I think you're forgetting he was instantly installed as caretaker manager....

In football terms it's called taking your eye off the ball.

Am I correct......?......these notes might be wrong....check your records and I'll change mine if yours are more accurate.

"Fitness coach Paul Warne will take temporary control of the first team while Rotherham look for their fifth manager since the start of the 2015-16 season"

So first game was Reading.......KJ was in the stadium but the team must have been a predominantly Warne creation.

"Fitness coach Paul Warne will take temporary control of the first team while Rotherham look for their fifth manager since the start of the 2015-16 season"

So first game was Reading.......KJ was in the stadium but the team must have been a predominantly Warne creation.
    I've got this (1st paragraph) off the official site

REPORT | Rotherham 0 v 1 Reading

DESPITE a brave effort from the Millers, in new boss Kenny Jackett’s first game in charge, Republic of Ireland international Paul McShane struck a late winner for Jaap Stam’s Reading to leave the home side empty-handed.

Btw the walking on water is very humerous and creative....got one like it on the mantle piece.....as if....sad two hats.....but very funny.....arf.....
    Not humerous. Humorous, possibly.

And mantle piece is two words? Really?

Gee tar...

Not in hour house.....lol

That's a problem with "Prescription" text on a phone.....you have the spellcheck the spell chequer all the time and the one that gets me regularly is .... "we'very" and the like.....especially if one is "On One" and ranting....or tired.....as I was last night.....like.....

...... Within non-arguments......like Warney would have predominantly picked the side with KJ having just walked through the doors.....yet others refer to Burton ( was it - PW's first game with a managers hat on - so to speak )

Interpretation is a personal thing and rightly so - picking up on pedantic detail.....when the the details are open to interpretation.

As for spelling.....I'm not bad - but sometimes IF the phone offers a reasonable "phonetic" interpretation of the word I want then I don't argue with it.........it's probably got a better vocabulary than I....lol

UTM

PS : I think Izzy thought that PW had dropped him though.....(as caretaker) .....with KJ in the room....and that would have been Reading I think....lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast