+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Moyes

David Moyes

See David Moyes has left Sunderland. Don't suppose the fans will remember him with any great fondness but you have to admire his integrity. Saw the season through and then turned his back on any compensation for the next three years of his contract by resigning. Bit different from Billy Crankie and Mr. McClaren.

Except its difficult to judge as resigned can mean anything, so he may have been pushed and frankly seeing as he was saying in August that he thought the team would do well to stay up, one wonders what he was paid for!!

Yes I agree you have to admire the guy's integrity, it's something that's very rare in modern football sadly.He must wish he had stayed at Everton.

Or he didn't fancy managing a team destined to struggle in the championship and he has plenty of dosh from his two previous sackings! Easy to have integrity, when you can afford it and you don't fancy the job anyway!

Even Billy Davis could have achieved what Moyes did at Sunderland this season, their fans must be glad to see the back of him. The club statement is a classic no fault agreement which makes both sides look good without revealing exactly what the terms were.
    Last edited by swaledale; 22-05-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Or he didn't fancy managing a team destined to struggle in the championship and he has plenty of dosh from his two previous sackings! Easy to have integrity, when you can afford it and you don't fancy the job anyway!

Even Billy Davis could have achieved what Moyes did at Sunderland this season, their fans must be glad to see the back of him. The club statement is a classic no fault agreement which makes both sides look good without revealing exactly what the terms were.
    Actually Swale, the club statement says, 'David has left the club without compensation'...I agree it's a lot easier when you're already very wealthy but I doubt Davis, McClaren and many others were exactly paupers.

What's irritating is that the prem got Brighton and Newcastle, which are two great away days,, and us lot down in the champ got dull , boringboro and dunderland, are there any clubs more boring than those three ? Rubbish away days and just plain dull the 3 of them.

Still,,, at least we've got a doctor who style run down alleys getting away from the Millwall gangsters... Should be fun.

Kevin Philips allegedly amongst the favourites to replace Moyes at Sunderland and Nigel Pearson also in the running...only need McClaren to chuck his hat in the ring now.

Moyes will probably get a job in China now as he would find it very difficult to get hired for a job in the Premier League, given his now abysmal managerial record since leaving Everton for Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Actually Swale, the club statement says, 'David has left the club without compensation'...I agree it's a lot easier when you're already very wealthy but I doubt Davis, McClaren and many others were exactly paupers.
    Mm which means? I let a lot of people resign without compensation, but they do get paid up to 12 months salary in lieu its just not called compensation!!

Plus in the football world if one resigns as he apparently did then one is usually not entitled to compensation, whereas if your sacked you could be!

Also Do you know the terms of his contract? It could have a release clause in which terminates it on either side if the club get relegated without compensation payable.

You make a big assumption about integrity based on whats been released to the media when in the scenario outlined, he may not have been entitled to compensation anyway!

Yeah...okay...I don't really know much about contracts etc. Just seemed to show a bit more decency than most to me...also the first time in God knows how long that Sunderland have got through a season with no managerial changes. Didn't do 'em much good though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)