+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester explosion!

23 year old arrested in connection.

Don't think I need to specify his ethnicity to you

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Mass western bombing of the middle east back to the dark ages is what has caused this. The vacuum we left has been filled with these maniacs, creating thousands of extremists out of ordinary people.
    Rubbish, muslims have always caused trouble, it doesn't matter if they live beside Christians, Jews, hindus , Buddhists or even other muslims, they will kill them.

Europeans were going on crusades 1000 years ago to keep muslims out of Europe, now our numpty politicians are waving them all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Rubbish, muslims have always caused trouble, it doesn't matter if they live beside Christians, Jews, hindus , Buddhists or even other muslims, they will kill them.

Europeans were going on crusades 1000 years ago to keep muslims out of Europe, now our numpty politicians are waving them all in.

Possibly the most pig ignorant piece of shyte I've ever read on here.

Well done, it's an incredible achievement

Aye that was the point of the crusades. **** me.

Muslims actually used to protect Jews from Christians, things are clearly more ****ed up now but to say it's just been muslims for 1000 years is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Something else that probably needs to happen, is listening to folk like this guy at the end of the clip. It pops into my head every time something like this happens

--> https://youtu.be/PezlFNTGWv4
    Totally agree with that. All the hype and coverage just encourages the kind of sick mind that may be thinking of doing something like this.

Got home from work and put on the news. Some arch-bishop guy flanked by heads of every religion going - all for some vigil. For who? Certainly not for the people that have been really affected (the families of the dead). They are going through hell right now and there loved ones may not even have been identified yet but yet the police chief and politicians feel the need to organise some kind of vigil for the people. It doesn't sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Totally agree with that. All the hype and coverage just encourages the kind of sick mind that may be thinking of doing something like this.

Got home from work and put on the news. Some arch-bishop guy flanked by heads of every religion going - all for some vigil. For who? Certainly not for the people that have been really affected (the families of the dead). They are going through hell right now and there loved ones may not even have been identified yet but yet the police chief and politicians feel the need to organise some kind of vigil for the people. It doesn't sit well with me.

Absolutely.
    The Manchester crime last night was heinous.
    Hopefully our politicians will stop sitting on their hands and sign some new laws, or even use the ones we already have.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 23-05-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: raging

Young people with their lives ahead of them, destroyed for what?
    Families and friends distraught with grief.
    Heartbreaking.

Unfortunately attacks like this are just the tip of the iceberg. The 'the West is at fault for radical Jihadism' argument fits neatly into a certain kind of aggrieved, self flagellating outlook that is prevalent on the left but it's lazy and ignores a myriad of local factors that have contributed towards Islamic revivalism in the Middle East and elsewhere. Obviously the West has pursued disastrous policies that have exacerbated the situation but it's both arrogant and ignorant to suggest that the West is the primary cause. The article linked below provides a good bullet point summary of the contributing factors.

http://theconversation.com/is-it-fai...dle-east-32487

Mass Muslim immigration has been handled disastrously in Europe and we may already be beyond the tipping point. How do you break down entrenched communities that have imported the culture from their culture of origin wholesale? The fact is we're dealing with cultural migration on a scale never previously encountered. Give some consideration to the fact that we're still dealing with sectarianism in parts of Scotland and N Ireland in this day and age and then consider that the problem is going to be far worse with Islam. There are clear indicators that the views of significant portions of the Muslim community are not compatible with 21st century western values. The ramblings of the hard right? A 2016 article from the Guardian actually:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

"But go back 60 years and you would find that most Westerners had the same attitudes". OK let's say I accept that argument which in some respects is factually true. Do you really want to fight those battles all over again? And how do Muslim children become open minded western adults? When they attend integrated schools as many previous immigrant waves did? That might work if they were attending integrated schools. And there is no shortage of idiotic leftists who think that the notion of integration is racist or imperialistic. At what point will the notion of cultural relativism be stretched to absurdity? When SJW progressives are supporting the public caning of Muslim homo***uals?

I hate to invoke Godwin's law but it's relevant to make an observation. The Nazis didn't win power because the German people were hardcore Nazis. They took advantage of political instability and latent prejudices. There same distinction can be made between extreme Wahhabi Jihadists and moderate Muslims. There is a difference between an adherent and a sympathiser. If you have a large number of the latter, a small number of the former can further their agenda. If you don't think that Islam will become part of the mainstream political landscape in Europe then I fear you may be in for a rude awakening.

Neitsche's declaration that God is dead is seen as a triumphant statement by some but it was actually a warning which played out in the disastrous ideologies of the 20th century. In the 21st century we have seen peak post modernity - postmodernism is the philosophical equivalent of sawing off the branch that you're sitting on. And so we have the culture wars with its memes and 'fake news' in an environment where every narrative has an agenda and all truth is relative. And gradually encroaching into this malaise is a virile, confident and expansionist ideology.

I just cant get my head around that people could believe in something so strongly they would do crazy sh@t like this

Its bloody fairytails for f@ck sake. Ridiculous f@cking fairytales* For example Mohammed flew on a horse from Mecca to Jerusalem to a mosque that was built 50 years after he died. Has nobody picked up on this glaring error. Fannies

*That goes for other books too the bible being a prime example

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast