+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible targets from inside source

With no drivel in sight. 😱

According to the DT Newcastle are playing hard ball over Hanley and want £5.5m for him. Suppose it's just a bargaining strategy but seeing as he's a year older and only made about half a dozen league starts for them last season I can't see that it makes much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the DT Newcastle are playing hard ball over Hanley and want £5.5m for him. Suppose it's just a bargaining strategy but seeing as he's a year older and only made about half a dozen league starts for them last season I can't see that it makes much sense.
    I wouldn't touch him
    Unless they dropped their price by half . They are having a laugh asking the same money for a player who couldn't get a game in the Championship .What they going to do with him now they are in the Premier
    Its like Blackman for us we'd be lucky to get 200,000
    I don't think he can play football ,just a bit of a thug from how I remember him

£5.5m on what they paid for him from Blackburn last season and only played a few games for them no chance, we are paying that price. Going back on their deal on throwing him in with money for Ince, shows a bad partnership we don't want to get involved with. They getting desperate it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    I wouldn't touch him
    Unless they dropped their price by half . They are having a laugh asking the same money for a player who couldn't get a game in the Championship .What they going to do with him now they are in the Premier
    Its like Blackman for us we'd be lucky to get 200,000
    I don't think he can play football ,just a bit of a thug from how I remember him
    Certainly not at £5.5m eddy...not sure about the 'thug' bit though. Eight yellows and no straight reds the season before last - didn't play enough last season - doesn't seem too bad given his position in a struggling team. Haven't seen enough of him to really know tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Certainly not at £5.5m eddy...not sure about the 'thug' bit though. Eight yellows and no straight reds the season before last - didn't play enough last season - doesn't seem too bad given his position in a struggling team. Haven't seen enough of him to really know tbh.
    £5 million would be a good price for a player who can "mix it" which is what we have been lacking in recent seasons. So all this talk of £10 million for Ince plus Hanley was as I thought just rumours and media speculation then!

Newcastle originally took up the deal on offering £10m for Ince and throwing in Hanley as part of the package, but with other clubs taking a liking to bringing in Hanley to their clubs, it's likely swayed Newcastle to rethink on the deal and instead of giving him away for free as part of a package deal, they want money for him instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)