+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mowbray staying...for now

Mowbray staying...for now

Tony Mowbray has returned from India having had "a productive talk"
    so all is rosey in the garden until the players who we had left are sold and he has none of that money to spend
    until I see any different I am expecting the worst
    I like Tony Mowbray as a man and manager and I can't imagine he will stand being lied to so let's hope for once venkys have told the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Tony Mowbray has returned from India having had "a productive talk"
    so all is rosey in the garden until the players who we had left are sold and he has none of that money to spend
    until I see any different I am expecting the worst
    I like Tony Mowbray as a man and manager and I can't imagine he will stand being lied to so let's hope for once venkys have told the truth.
    Totally agree, Robin. The proof of the pudding...and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Totally agree, Robin. The proof of the pudding...and all that.
    Hey Aucks/Aussie Rover (ok mate sorry about the Aussie thing, I lost the plot a little bit there lol), have you got any idea about your teams budget, and beyond that, the expectations as well ?
    Nobody knows what a promotion winning squad costs of course do they, regardless of what league your in. And it looks like Tony Mowbray is being given the go ahead for the new season.
    Ok this is interesting for me as a neutral, I dont rate Tony Mowbray but he knows a lot more about footy than I do, so what do I know eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Aucks/Aussie Rover (ok mate sorry about the Aussie thing, I lost the plot a little bit there lol), have you got any idea about your teams budget, and beyond that, the expectations as well ?
    Nobody knows what a promotion winning squad costs of course do they, regardless of what league your in. And it looks like Tony Mowbray is being given the go ahead for the new season.
    Ok this is interesting for me as a neutral, I dont rate Tony Mowbray but he knows a lot more about footy than I do, so what do I know eh ?
    Acido - we have almost NEVER been given advanced details of a season's budget under Venky's. I realise it's commercially sensitive information, but I think the Manager should be told.
    It's comforting that Mowbray seems satisfied, but I hope he isn't counting his chickens!! Before he knows it, the owners might well have disappeared behind a wall of silence again, just throwing the odd few quid over the top.
    I think you'll find it's difficult to discover a Rovers supporter who isn't cynical and pessimistic.
    In point of fact, I'M generally regarded as one of the more look-on-the-bright-side contributors!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 24-05-2017 at 12:51 AM.

I for one believe if we can keep what we have then we won't need anybody else coming in
    I am sure the chat on budget would not of been the same as the budget chat Lambert had with venkys
    Couple of interesting statements
    "This is a league for men not boys"
    Does that mean the academy lads coming through will struggle to break through again? And "we have one striker in Graham so will need to improve there"
    So has stokes gone already and what about the youth we have coming through?

As usual with Venkys I'll expect it to be as clear as mud.
    I just hope TM is not going to be too disappointed.
    Acido: my name chosen back in Nov 2011 was 'Despair' and it has proven quite apt!

Yeah the "men not boys" comment does suggest youth players will be used sparingly. Can't wait to see how much we spend in
    League one. Was it £250,000 re-invested last year at championship level?! Hoping for a free signing gem of a midfielder then!

Ive always been a glass half empty fan, but I choose to call it being realistic rather than being negative!
    Despair, surely Blackburn werent doing that badly in 2011, were they ?

Oh yes
    Venkys reign of terror spans 7 years starting with the vile one Steve kean and his sem/kentaro agents filling venkys heads with complete nonsence and its all been downhill since.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Oh yes
    Venkys reign of terror spans 7 years starting with the vile one Steve kean and his sem/kentaro agents filling venkys heads with complete nonsence and its all been downhill since.
    the sad thing is Robin, every man and his dog knew what the outcome was going to be and nobody did anything to stop it happening at all... Things can only get worse whilst the Venkys are in power

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)