+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NG signs

NG signs

One year contract + one year option depending on appearances.

For me an excellent signing. Believe the young lad will make an excellent defensive midfielder in the next season. At least he can make positive passes.

Another one I am optimistic about is young Wintle, for me he is a far better prospect than Jones.

wintle could be good but I think Jones is our next transfer (for money) out. All we need now is a back line!!!

Guthrie may have the best wishes of DA but I'm inclined to tell him to FO. All that investment in him and we don't get any of it back!

I aLSO THINK pERRY COULD BE EFFECTIVE AS DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD. hOWEVER, WE ARE GOING TO NEED AT LEAST ONE BIG STRONG cb

PPersonally I would be astonished if any club paid real money for Jones. He has to learn how to make a pass first.

I think Perry ng is a great prospect. Should be regular in the starting line up next season. Either at the back ,or if we can't find a tough holding central midfielder ,then he could grow into that role ,with the bonus of being comfortable on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    PPersonally I would be astonished if any club paid real money for Jones. He has to learn how to make a pass first.
    Seems to me you only see the very small percentage of his passes that go astray!

I too am very pleased Ng has signed. He looks a really good prospect. I have not seen Jones play much this season, but he does not look ready yet for a big money sale. Comments about his poor passing seem rather harsh.

Artell was reportedly having another chat with Turton yesterday, but no word as yet. Maybe Turton realised that clubs will not want to pay a fee for him, though I am not fussed whether or not he stays. Sorry to lose Guthrie. We did invest a lot in him, but he has paid us back by being our most consistent defender over the last three seasons, even when he was playing at LB. Good luck to him in League One.

As for Ray, did I blink and miss him signing a contract or has he gone to ground while his agent runs around trying to find another club? I remember a few messages on here at the end of last season expressing disbelief that any club would pay a fee for him (I was one of the disbelievers). He has cut out the majority of unforced errors this season and seems to have thrived as captain, and I was really expecting (even, dare I admit it, hoping) he would sign a new contract. He has the talent, but has suffered from a lack of concentration. I think he could be a key player here next season, but that assumes he will sign and has not become one of the 30,000 people who disappear in the UK each year.

Must remember to look out for his passing ability. Small percentage,
    depends what you mean by small percentage. Not convinced by your very small percentage claim but we will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    I too am very pleased Ng has signed. He looks a really good prospect. I have not seen Jones play much this season, but he does not look ready yet for a big money sale. Comments about his poor passing seem rather harsh.

Artell was reportedly having another chat with Turton yesterday, but no word as yet. Maybe Turton realised that clubs will not want to pay a fee for him, though I am not fussed whether or not he stays. Sorry to lose Guthrie. We did invest a lot in him, but he has paid us back by being our most consistent defender over the last three seasons, even when he was playing at LB. Good luck to him in League One.

As for Ray, did I blink and miss him signing a contract or has he gone to ground while his agent runs around trying to find another club? I remember a few messages on here at the end of last season expressing disbelief that any club would pay a fee for him (I was one of the disbelievers). He has cut out the majority of unforced errors this season and seems to have thrived as captain, and I was really expecting (even, dare I admit it, hoping) he would sign a new contract. He has the talent, but has suffered from a lack of concentration. I think he could be a key player here next season, but that assumes he will sign and has not become one of the 30,000 people who disappear in the UK each year.
    Turton now gone too - must have found someone ..... No word from anyone about George Ray, even Dave who tells us a lot.Either he's in talks, or away and they don't want to say they gave him more time, or haggling. For him we're due compensation of course if anyone offers him. Either way, those who wanted a new look defence are going to get their way!

I hope that Ray signs, with the right coaching I am convinced he is a great prospect.