+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Bowery signs a 2-year contract

Jordan Bowery signs a 2-year contract

First signing this summer. What do people think.

Has he shown us enough to think that he is the right target man?

2 goals in 18
    Last edited by Teammoo; 23-05-2017 at 05:17 PM.

High energy, little quality and a strike rate about 25% of Marcus Haber but the plus was Dagnall thrived in his company

Just hope we look for another proven goalscorer not some untried kid as cover

...anyone signed Maynard yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    First signing this summer. What do people think.

Has he shown us enough to think that he is the right target man?

2 goals in 18
    Not for me. Yes he improved the team/tactics compared to the Lowe/Dagnall strike force. He showed excellent work rate early on, but tailed off dramatically later on, both on work rate and effectiveness. Early on.....sign him up, later on.....seems like he's had the nod. We need a player like JB, but really think we can do better, on both the headers won ( think Newport) and the goals scored.

P.S.
    Better off with than without, but if we want to seriously challenge for promotion, we can do better...... hope I'm wrong. But I think he'll be the only big guy option up front....... hope I'm wrong on that too.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 23-05-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Believe he will be a good signing. Yes he lacked goals, but he brought a balance

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Believe he will be a good signing. Yes he lacked goals, but he brought a balance
    Yes he did bring much needed balance. But as per my last two posts, we can do/there are better. Hope I'm wrong, but as teammoo says, 2 in 18!

I'd rather have Jordan than Tom phucking Dope. Good signing, if he could set a target for himself of ten goals plus assists you will see Daggers score into the 20's.

I think he will have a good season. He arrived at gr .without much football and lacking confidence in front of goal . Him and daggers are a good pairing up front ,with cooper and kirk on the flanks and ainsley providing something different we could have some exciting options and goals in the team..

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    ...if he could set a target for himself of ten goals plus assists you will see Daggers score into the 20's.

And that would work for me!
    At his height for us last season, he was an automatic pick, so if he could re-gel with Daggers, we could be onto something.
    He must have something for Villa to shell out on him when they did for Westy.

Once he has a pre-season and gels more with the squad/training/tactics, I hope he will prove to be a good signing. He and Dagnall played well together, though I would like Bowery to win more headers and score more often.