+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Tommy Robinson Speaks About Manchester Terror Attack

...and yet I am not surprised Ellis, this is what worries me...

By the way Ellis, you were not anyone i was thinking of... with regard to your reading..IF it is true you have read the Qu'ran to gain your political views to be a balanced individual you need to read the bible as well. It'll take you a while...happy reading... you will also have to then consider how that might inform your political views...can't be fairer than that can I?

Also the Qu'ran was written 2000 years ago, like the bible. It is all open to interpretation just as the bible is so your interpretation of it is different to everybody elses. It is not a scientifically proven document. Its like reading your horoscope in the newspaper or going to a fortune teller, you will interpret the bits you like/ suit your agenda and dismiss the bits you dont like/ dont suit your agenda. You are a man who doesn't believe in god or religion, which is fair enough ,which really says you have to dismiss owt you read in the Qu'ran or bible.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-06-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    To be honest I'm surprised to read so many comments like that from so many different people. It is shocking, and I agree they should all be getting done for supporting terrorism.
    Agreed !

Name:  Qur'an and paper.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  90.6 KB

There is my Qur'an, along with today's paper. I have stated on here several times that the only newspaper I read is The Mirror, everyday. Never ever buy The Scum or The Daily Fail, yet some believe I actually get my information from them. The vast majority of the information I get about Islam, is from Islamic texts. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...and yet I am not surprised Ellis, this is what worries me...

By the way Ellis, you were not anyone i was thinking of... with regard to your reading..IF it is true you have read the Qu'ran to gain your political views to be a balanced individual you need to read the bible a well. It'll take you a while...happy reading... you will also have to then consider how that might inform your political views...can't be fairer than that can I?
    Thank you for that at least. Regardless of what anyone may believe about me, I would NEVER wish harm on any innocent person, and I hate terrorists of all kinds. I don't agree with anyone hurting innocent people, and I was shocked to read the link posted above where so many people openly supported the attempted murder of loads of innocent people. Yes, that make them equally as bad as the people who support Islamic terrorism, there is no difference. And I am NOTHING like those people.

And hang on, give me ten minutes or so, I just need to go and wash my daughter's hair. My other daughter has decided that squirting toothpaste into it was a good idea. (Kids, who'd have them).

I will post my copy of the Bible with the same newspaper. I realised that to fairly understand Christianity in comparison with Islam I would need to be read them both in full, and have both at hand to be able to discuss/debate........

There is a massive distrust now on both sides.
    The issue for non Muslims if you want to put it like that is the perceived lack of action by the authorities and the perceived lack of condemnation from all Muslim leaders.
    The muslims feel they they are been persecuted because of the actions of some.
    I'm not sure of the above how much people really understand or can be bothered to try and understand tbh.

I understand both stand points and can agree with some of it.
    What is clear though is that violence race attacks terrorists attacks hate crime whatever you want to call it is wrong whoever it is against.

Maybe if the people in charge actually stop burying their head in the sand and from both sides and worked together then maybe a lot of the mistrust and bitterness could be reduced which may help everyone move forward.

Just to add, in case anyone thinks I am some kind of atheist fascist, I am still saying that religious people of whatever description have a right to follow their religions if they like just as I have a right not to follow a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    Go on then, name who your suspicions are........
    He/she would not do such a thing.. Just another cowardly lefty cop out..

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    The issue for non Muslims if you want to put it like that is the perceived lack of action by the authorities and the perceived lack of condemnation from all Muslim leaders.
    I'm not sure of the above how much people really understand or can be bothered to try and understand tbh.

What is clear though is that violence race attacks terrorists attacks hate crime whatever you want to call it is wrong whoever it is against.

Maybe if the people in charge actually stop burying their head in the sand and from both sides and worked together then maybe a lot of the mistrust and bitterness could be reduced which may help everyone move forward.
    Yes, Yak, just yes.

Name:  Bible and newspaper.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  78.8 KB

And that is my Bible. I already had a copy of the New Testament, but not the Old Testament. Bearing in mind I did actually used to be a Christian, roly, it should come as no surprise anyway that I have read the Bible before.

I then educated myself properly by reading books such as The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. I can take photos of those with today's paper as well if you need proof of that? Or would you believe that I have read books about evolution, just not the Qur'an.

I only speak and argue to such a great extent about things I know about. There are subjects that come up on here, such as shares, that I know very little about, so I just read the thread and keep my mouth shut. I don't try to pretend to know about something because I heard a bloke down the pub say it, or I read it on a website that could very well be biased.

Now, if there are any passages in the Qur'an that I have quoted that you think I have just made up: 'Be honest though Ellis you haven't read the Qu'ran yourself have you, you just quote made up passages from right wing magazines etc to back up your views. Its just bollax and you know it is. Time to come clean owd lad....' Then please, feel free to pull me up on them, at any time, past posts or future ones, and I will be only too happy to prove that the verses come from the Qur'an, written by Muslims, and have NOTHING to do with 'made up passages from right wing magazines etc'.

The very fact that you actually believe that is worrying. And I'm REALLY not trying to have a go or patronise you - believe me, I would happily admit it if I was - it shows yet again how naive and deluded you are. You think some of the passages I quote from the Qur'an are just made up by far right idiots, because surely, SURELY the religion of peace can't possibly contain passages like that can they? Well you better believe it, because they do. I think you need to do a little reading yourself, roly........

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

I agree entirely. But it does no good to anyone, when every time there is a terror attack perpetrated by Islamic extremists, when people come out and say it has nothing to do with Islam. Just don't lie. Tell the truth, yes they are Muslims, but they are evil Muslims, we don't agree with doing the things they do. Then we can get somewhere. Lying and saying it has nothing to do with religion gets us nowhere.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast