Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
You have me all wrong, fella. Well, at least partially wrong anyway. You have your stereotypes about me that are absolutely false. I am sure you feel I have stereotypes about you that are absolutely false too.

Hand on heart, I have NEVER cheered in my life when a bomb has been dropped on anywhere. I am always conscious of the innocent people that will be killed. I always also put myself in the shoes of the parents of a child killed by a bomb and how I would feel. You might not believe it, but I'm a caring person and I hate the thought of children anywhere suffering. Unfortunately, in war, I understand that bombs have to be dropped, innocents have to die, but I am never comfortable with it.

As for my vote, could do a poll on here. Rotherham is a left wing area that ALWAYS votes for Labour. Yet I bet the poll would still come out overwhelmingly in favour of A. And that's because, it's not an idea that's about right or left wing, it's about simple common sense. You saw a guy earlier on in the thread who has voted Labour all his life and yet he agrees with me, he is sick of it. So are most people. If they had a simple option to prevent things where no-one dies, I'm sure they would take it.

I'm glad you at least agree on the deporting foreigners on the terror suspect list, it is just simple common sense.

Now, finally, I really don't want to patronise you, but I know that you are more intelligent and more switched on than to genuinely compare the two, the situation with the IRA and ISIS.

The IRA had clear goals - they wanted a united Ireland and no British influence. Unfortunately for them, the Northern Irish people, by and large, wished to remain part of the United Kingdom. But we could at least negotiate with the IRA, it was clear they would get nowhere, a stalemate, too many deaths on each side. And despite apparently being Catholics who believed in Heaven and and a better afterlife, there weren't too many of them who actually wanted to die. Not many suicide missions.

ISIS, and indeed, every other Islamic terror organisation are completely different. They all devoutly believe in a better afterlife, so they don't mind suicide missions. ISIS don't just want western troops to leave their land. If only it were that simple. They want death to every infidel. Even death to every Muslim who doesn't follow the same kind of Islam as them, or who won't conform to their beliefs. Because they are so certain they are right and have the will of Allah, there can be no negotiating with ISIS. There can be no peace talks. They want world domination; you bow down and submit, convert to Islam, or you fall at the sword of Islam. It's naive to even believe that negotiating with ISIS could ever bring peace talks. There is only one thing they understand: violence. So we either give up and let them win, or we meet them head on and fight.

Now, to go over old ground again, would I want to seriously deport EVERY MUslim. NO. But I have said that would be the best way to ensure we are safe, not something that we could easily do, or would want to do. I am talking if we could wave a magic wand and every Muslim living here was moved to Muslim countries, the country would be safe from Islamic terrorism. Again, simple maths. No Muslims = no Islamic extremism.

But yes, there are many who have integrated into our society. Many who work hard, pay their taxes, abide by our laws. Many who do key jobs that we nee doing, the NHS being the most obvious one.

Strictly speaking, I would expect Indian takeaways to be run by Indians, so Sikhs or Hindus. However, someone pointed out most are Pakistani Muslims in Rotherham. Well I don't live in a racially diverse area, so they might be Indians here. Either way, I don't care. It's by far my favourite food and I've got a madras on the way right now. So I don't want them fellas who are knocking up my tea to have to leave the country!
This is the thing, you continue to talk of islamic domination etc etc, and don't get me wrong, we're both athiests, and i share your dislike of any religion, i also have some sympathy with your views about islamic fundamentalism, i facking hate em, but there is no magic wand, what i do now, is that ostracising that community further will only make things worse. To clarify what i think, if you could garauntee the guilt of any of these 4000 i'd gladly pull the trigger myself, but that's the point, you cannot, and in a civilised society we have to be better than murdering people, because they don't agree with us.