+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams fans don't rate centre backs!

Rams fans don't rate centre backs!

According to a DET poll a clear majority of fans want to sell Keogh (60% of those voting) Shackell (57%) and Pearce (61%) mm bit of a smack in the teeth for Keogh who has worked his socks off on the pitch for this club, not surprised about the other two, so what will happen? We could need £10 million or so just to get two quality cham level CB's.

Tbf it's hardly 'Rams fans' Swale...it's the result of just 1800 responses, so about what...around 5%?
    Pretty emphatic as far as Hughes, Nugent, Martin, Carson, Butterfield and Blackman are concerned though.

True hence the words according to a DET poll, but I reckon its a fair reflection and kinda mirrors what was being posted on here before the thread got taken over by gibberish!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    True hence the words according to a DET poll, but I reckon its a fair reflection and kinda mirrors what was being posted on here before the thread got taken over by gibberish!
    Not sure about that (the mirroring not the gibberish) but either way, I agree...it's harsh on Keogh.

I thinks the fans have just been pissed off with the way our defense have leaked goals, it does seem to come from the slack marking of our central defenders, I still think Shacks could do a decent job as he was playing with an injury he couldn't shake off, now that Rowett sent him to have the op he could and should come back a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I thinks the fans have just been pissed off with the way our defense have leaked goals, it does seem to come from the slack marking of our central defenders, I still think Shacks could do a decent job as he was playing with an injury he couldn't shake off, now that Rowett sent him to have the op he could and should come back a better player.
    We may have leaked frustratingly late goals MoP but we still, I think, had the sixth best defence in the Championship. Our bigger problems were at the other end and with an uncreative midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We may have leaked frustratingly late goals MoP but we still, I think, had the sixth best defence in the Championship. Our bigger problems were at the other end and with an uncreative midfield.
    Can't really argue with what you say RA but after our great run of clean sheets we started getting edgy and every time the apposing team attacked I always thought there was a goal coming. I still think there's a problem regarding our central defenders but it could also be the players don't have the bottle. I know everyone loses matches but when we lose heads drop and confidence goes out the window, then we go on a run of defeats and it's the same every season! Why does it always happen? Let's hope Rowett has the answers and can put some belief and confidence into them.

No, I can't disagree with that either MoP. I think Keogh is hard done to as a player but he does seem a bit 'headless' at times. For me...keep Keogh the player but, as we all know, a leader is a top priority which hopefully Rowett will be the first manager to recognise in years.

Unfortunately, Keogh is one of those players for whom a disaster is waiting to happen. Plays solid enough for most of the match but to achieve that he is having to work flat out, he can't play within himself so inevitably the high stress levels he works at mean an error is waiting to pounce!! When they do he hasn't got an extra 10% left over to recover so bang ...ball in onion bag!
    Pearce is much the same except he has'nt got enough vision to control his field of play and cover others.
    Now Shackell is an enigma, we know he can play but since his return he's not been good enough end of. Whether it's injuries or what I don't know but not convinced by him.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Unfortunately, Keogh is one of those players for whom a disaster is waiting to happen. Plays solid enough for most of the match but to achieve that he is having to work flat out, he can't play within himself so inevitably the high stress levels he works at mean an error is waiting to pounce!! When they do he hasn't got an extra 10% left over to recover so bang ...ball in onion bag!
    Pearce is much the same except he has'nt got enough vision to control his field of play and cover others.
    Now Shackell is an enigma, we know he can play but since his return he's not been good enough end of. Whether it's injuries or what I don't know but not convinced by him.
    I thought Shackell was pretty good in his first season mac and having been a Premiership captain it seemed strange that he was never given the opportunity seeing as Clement passed it round at least three other players. Last season he went awol...bad attitude in the early part of the season and then lost his place. Good player but past his best and question marks over his attitude imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)