+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Begging bowl out guys

Begging bowl out guys

Charitable Trek to Machu Picchu - 2018

Hi

I have signed up to do a charitable trek to Machu Picchu next March 2018. The charity is Global's “Make Some Noise”, which was set up to help disadvantaged children and young people throughout the UK. A good cause I am sure you will agree.

Donations of any amount would be greatly appreciated by clicking on the link provided;

https://themachupicchutrek.everydayhero.com/uk/graham

I look forward to hearing from you
    Best regards
    Graham

Good cause but why? the spam.

Spam? Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Spam? Oh dear
    Blimey OTR...you had us believing you were past all this stuff. Worthy cause, good luck, how about doing a 'blog' back to the forum?

Thanks for the donation RamAnag.

I am past it but John Suchet is doing the trek with me and he is aged 74 which is even older than me. So I thought, if he can do it, so can I

The difficult task now is getting the donations in ......and getting fit to trek 20 miles a day at high altitude, which will be almost as high as Everest Base Camp. Fun times ahead .

How does one do a Blog?

The daughter of a friend of mine did the MP Trek - or at least a 7 day one - year before last as a sort of "gap month" before going to Uni. She was (needless to say) "considerably younger than yow" but found it tough so the more altitude training you can get done the better. Eat lots of coca leaves (honestly) as it reduces the impact of altitude sickness. Its a bit like chewing tobacco but you dont spit out the liquid, rather swallow it!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    The daughter of a friend of mine did the MP Trek - or at least a 7 day one - year before last as a sort of "gap month" before going to Uni. She was (needless to say) "considerably younger than yow" but found it tough so the more altitude training you can get done the better. Eat lots of coca leaves (honestly) as it reduces the impact of altitude sickness. Its a bit like chewing tobacco but you dont spit out the liquid, rather swallow it!
    Good advice I should think...rather you than me. I'll stick to the Derbyshire Dales. Tbh, I'm not sure how 'one' does a blog but some feed back as to how you're getting on when and if ever possible would keep us all interested.

You don't have to do the backpacking bit as well do you...carrying your own tent and bedding? I'm all for a long walk in a beautiful location but I do need the instant gratification of somewhere decent to stay at night.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-05-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    How does one do a Blog?
    Here you are: https://www.blogger.com/about/?r=1-null_user

And a nice pint!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)