+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Utd celebrations....

Man Utd celebrations....

was it me r did anybody else find the OTT celebrations totally distasteful ?

In light of what happened I really thought they would accept the cup,, thank the fans and leave the pitch

It was like Monday never happened

all the talk of champions league and three trophies, the punching of the air...Murhinios finger gestures, and not all of their players wore black arm bands!!

WTF !!

What did you expect from a club that sung songs (the players) about Heysel last time they won the European Cup and put up a Munich 1958 advertising board?

They are complete and utter scum from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    was it me r did anybody else find the OTT celebrations totally distasteful ?

In light of what happened I really thought they would accept the cup,, thank the fans and leave the pitch

It was like Monday never happened

all the talk of champions league and three trophies, the punching of the air...Murhinios finger gestures, and not all of their players wore black arm bands!!

WTF !!
    None of the Ajax players wore black armbands that's for sure, not sure why but it didn't look good. I don't think United's celebrations offended the people that matter, the citizens of Manchester and the families and friends of the dead and injured, I just think it was a massive release from the club as the match became more than just a route into the Champions league, they were representing the City of Manchester in light of Monday nights awful events, living near Manchester and being in the city center less than 12 hours after attack, I know the feeling was one of carrying on and and sticking two fingers up at some warped individual or individuals, plenty of City fans, scousers etc were willing United to win, more as an act of defiance and carrying on than to do with champions league qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    What did you expect from a club that sung songs (the players) about Heysel last time they won the European Cup and put up a Munich 1958 advertising board?

They are complete and utter scum from top to bottom.
    What a pile of shyte, that scum you refer to raise millions for charity every year and will be heavily involved in trying to help the families of the victims of Monday's terror attack.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    What a pile of shyte, that scum you refer to raise millions for charity every year and will be heavily involved in trying to help the families of the victims of Monday's terror attack.
    I knew you would be all over this.

Even Chelsea have cancelled their bus parade but these cretins were dancing about the pitch last night like James phucking Brown.

Classy.

I knew you would be all over this.

Even Chelsea have cancelled their bus parade but these cretins were dancing about the pitch last night like James phucking Brown.

Classy.
    Mook,,,its not very classy tarring every one connected with Man utd as "scum" or indeed using a simple observation as an excuse to show your true colours.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    None of the Ajax players wore black armbands that's for sure, not sure why but it didn't look good. I don't think United's celebrations offended the people that matter, the citizens of Manchester and the families and friends of the dead and injured, I just think it was a massive release from the club as the match became more than just a route into the Champions league, they were representing the City of Manchester in light of Monday nights awful events, living near Manchester and being in the city center less than 12 hours after attack, I know the feeling was one of carrying on and and sticking two fingers up at some warped individual or individuals, plenty of City fans, scousers etc were willing United to win, more as an act of defiance and carrying on than to do with champions league qualification.

Do you seriously think that the family of those killed really gave a flying fuuuk about last nites result

they are in hell,,I bet most of them didnt even realise united were playing last night

I could be wrong but the dancing on the pitch,, the selfies, the laughing and hugging, the injured players throwing their crutches into the air,, the " stay and you can ride my wife" banners.....come on, it seemed to me that it would have been much more fitting to accept the trophy and state that they were with the all the people of Manchester and as a mark of respect they would leave the pitch.

A stranger watching that last night would never have known that 22 people were slaughtered in the city this team came from 3 days before

for the record I have no axe to grind with man utd,,my two boys ( men now) have been man utd freaks all their lives.

maybe I'm wrong but I just found it very distatseful

Mook,,,its not very classy tarring every one connected with Man utd as "scum" or indeed using a simple observation as an excuse to show your true colours.
    You started the thread, tens of thousands of them sing about Football disasters every other weekend, they are vermin and they are hypocrites.

My true colours? I've made them pretty clear on here over the years.

You started the thread, tens of thousands of them sing about Football disasters every other weekend, they are vermin and they are hypocrites.

My true colours? I've made them pretty clear on here over the years.
    I do not want to get embroiled in your petty rivalry with man utd

somethings are more important then football,,this is one of them.

I do not want to get embroiled in your petty rivalry with man utd

somethings are more important then football,,this is one of them.
    Fair enough, I agree with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)