+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread with an opinion

Thread with an opinion

The Mirror says we are looking at George Boyd

I would say on a free would be not a bad signing but...........
    Would you give him a three year contract though, and his wages would be at our top end

I thought he had inconclusive eyes or something when he didnt sign for Forest a few years back?

Always looked decent in the highlights eddy, but they can be misleading and he's on his way to 32 now. Might be being unfair but I do wonder if he might just be looking for his last big pay day.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! If thats the calibre of player we sign then I am resigned to another season of failed expectations.

If Man Utd got Zlatan on a free transfer from PSG which was their best bit of business they did with the season just now gone, then surely we can get Boyd under the same situation to help us achieve something big next season.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! If thats the calibre of player we sign then I am resigned to another season of failed expectations.
    He doesnt exactly set my heart racing but often beggars cant be choosers. Sounds like a typical end of career signing - will cut a good deal on wages, maybe get on a freebie but then he will fade away after a couple of months, having fill his pension pot up.

Steve Bruce wants to bring him to Aston Villa as he has always been a big admirer of him, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there after he played under him at Hull City.

He works incredibly hard and has always been a consistent performer, especially in this league, gets goals and assists. Sounds like a Rowett sort of signing. Regarding his age, realistically, we only need one good year out of him.....

I don't really rate him, comes across a bit like Bradley Johnson, not sure we need another. BUT, we do need a new approach, and so will give whoever Rowett brings in support from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Steve Bruce wants to bring him to Aston Villa as he has always been a big admirer of him, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there after he played under him at Hull City.
    Steve Bruce wants every player we take an interest in! Weird but true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)