+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dose Of Realism

Yep, even average non league players are better than the likes of Wilson and Blackstock. Who the feck do they think they are? They have had enough time with us to prove they are championship players but they havent done. The new lad may turn out to be not very good but at least he will probably put in a shift and it wont cost us a million for his wages.

Sadly this thread is about the OP not the millers.

Realism mmmm not something the OP is living in.

Seeking end bell attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

Yak, despite our occasional disagreements, you are often a perceptive poster. In this case I can find no fault whatsoever with your conclusion. I am merely mystified that Kempo retains the affection of many on here: for example, his appalling tale of Zilzal's supposed death hardly raised a murmur. The idea that a real retired doctor would consider such a thing and then try and pass it off as an obvious harmless spoof defies imagination.

How can we have a dose of realism from someone who doesn't know who he his himself. He brings Monty Rhodes on whose talking about Zil whose the 3rd part of the act. Then we've got IBS. Ibj if Kempo has which I suspect created him said this before the guy is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes it is a dose of realism and it's long overdue.

Our chairman's view of going to the Premiership was laughable and unrealistic

We are Rotherham United a small club with a modest budget, a small core support playing in a town that has more problems than a MENSA quiz book.

Realism is spending within your means and not being seduced that you can employ marquee signings like Leeds United and SWFC do.

Our latest signing might not be the new Swailes or McIntosh but he's what we can afford pure and simple. Yes he hasn't got the greatest track record but then again neither had Alan Lee and Stuart Talbot when Ronnie Moore signed them.
    I think this is a good post. This signing is exactly what RUFC is about now and we had better get used to it. Cyclical nature of football might mean in x years we have another skirmish with the Championship but my guess it will be a considerable time. I fear the gap will get even greater between the teams in the tier above and L1 & L2.

But this is where we belong.

Can't say I'm liking it and I think Kempo tells it how it is. We are a club with nothing to get excited about. Yes we might find a gem in non league football but we might win the pools as well. The fact we are fishing around in these waters clearly states we have no alternative. Back to kick and rush and half empty stadiums.

We are Rovrum

You used to post whimsical and humorous posts Gym,lately your posts seem much darker.Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

A post resonant with perception, insight, penetration and profundity. Your bell-end radar is faultless. The Unholy Trinity has had it's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    A post resonant with perception, insight, penetration and profundity. Your bell-end radar is faultless. The Unholy Trinity has had it's day.
    Constructive arguments against a post would be better than insults but this of course a board which suppresses opinion if the bully boys don't agree.

What utter nonsense to keep quoting the Vardy scenario...

Vardy came from Non League therefore the NL is the best place to look for future England players...That is the argument here and as you can now see,it's utter nonsense.

We are shopping in the Non League because we cannot afford to shop in the league not because it's full to the brim with future stars...It's as simple as that but clearly too difficult for some.

Of course this post is about me and there is no sensible opinion in it and the happy clappers are of course correct.

There was a time, not so long ago, when we were signing the likes of Kari Arnason. What the hell has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    There was a time, not so long ago, when we were signing the likes of Kari Arnason. What the hell has happened?
    The Non League has suddenly become full of superstar rejects obviously.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast