+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Smallwood

Put it this way, is there anybody else out there who is a free agent and is just as good or better than Smallwood at this moment who we can realistically bring in to replace? The answer to that is no so if Smallwood leaves we will probably have to buy a replacement which will cost us more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Pete are you suggesting we pay over the odds ?

Do you know how much we've offered him and are you saying that you know what's going off in the club?
    If so can you tell me cause I don't know.
    I can guess if you like but that would be a bit silly though wouldn't you say?

If Smallwood feels he deserves more then no problem he should move on if the club think he's not worth it then no problem we move on.

Personally I think he's ok no better than that but then again I'm not sure how much they've offered him but I'm guessing that you do because you seem certain we can't afford his wages.

UTM
    Pete are you suggesting we pay over the odds ?

Do you know how much we've offered him and are you saying that you know what's going off in the club?
    If so can you tell me cause I don't know.
    I can guess if you like but that would be a bit silly though wouldn't you say?

If Smallwood feels he deserves more then no problem he should move on if the club think he's not worth it then no problem we move on.

Personally I think he's ok no better than that but then again I'm not sure how much they've offered him but I'm guessing that you do because you seem certain we can't afford his wages.

UTM
    It's interesting Yak. If Smallwood can get paid better elsewhere then good for him. My point is that as a L1 club with a "top 5 budget" we can't compete for the likes of Smallwood then do we actually have a top 5 budget in the first place. Nothing I have seen suggests we have. Signing Smallwood should have been an easy task at L1 level. He will never play Championship football again so who will pay higher wages than us, given he was loaned out for half a season, he's getting on in footballers terms and had a good last few games for us but nothing great. Which club will want to outbid us? I can't think of one. So it leaves me to think we are skint and trying to offer average L1 wages to Smallwood who rightly thinks he deserves more. Trouble is the kitty is bare.

Hope I'm wrong but I continue to watch the useless snippets of information coming out of our club and I continue to be left empty. I've renewed 2 of my 4 season tickets so I will continue to support but if realism is moaning, I am a moaner. Any fan could see we were destined for relegation from October last season and imo there are no signs to suggest the rot has stopped............... Warney, Barker, Non League players sought. Ward will go and so he should or he may end up sulking for a season.

Existing players not sure about re signing.

The only glimpse of hope in all this for me is that the likes of Vaulks might just do a lot better in L1. Some others may do the same and we may have the makings of a team. But the big but is this. Supposing we go up, highly unlikely but supposing we do, what the heck happens then to ensure a Championship survival and a progression? There is nothing to suggest we have changed anything and I repeat, we are skint so we will not ever compete in the Championship - for the foreseeable imo. So does it actually matter whether we do well or poorly next season?

Fair point Pete you make some valid points.

I'm keeping an open mind till end of transfer window personally and it's just my opinion I think it's too early to start making assumptions but by end of transfer window we will have a better idea.

UTM

If Richie Smallwood ends up at Mansfield, which is possible, it will tell us a lot about the relative ambitions of that club and ours.

Why will it mellow ?
    If the club think it's not worth it then why is that a lack of ambition?
    Warne will live or die by his signings I don't see why it's a lack of ambition you could argue if you like Smallwood a mistake but nothing to do with ambition in my opinion.
    For the record I didn't want Warne but I'll give him a chance this season which hasn't started yet unless I'm mistaken?

UTM

Post 12 explains the situation...

The stupid amongst you ought to read it several times assuming you are ever sober enough and have the capability to read.

Thought you didn't like abusive posts Kempo ?

Only when it's against you though hey?

You post stupid things then you get told straight that's how it is.?

Thought you didn't like abusive posts Kempo ?

Only when it's against you though hey?

You post stupid things then you get told straight that's how it is.?
    I don't usually reply to you Yak as I assume that you are about 12

bless ya

bless ya
    Thank you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast